PDA

View Full Version : Flying QF, MEL-BNE 29/6

Soulman
14th Jun 2004, 13:02
Hey guys,

The old man and I are flying on QF0618 from Melbourne to Brisbane on Tuesday June 29 and being a keen young aviator, I was wondering what the chances are of getting a look in the cockpit upon shutdown at Brisbane?

Is it just a luck of the draw thing or do I have to let somebody know before we leave?

I've noticed a few photos on airliners.net of cockpit shots at the gate and am interested in finding out my odds, given 9/11 and the current state of society.

Also, when we booked (3 months ago) it said we'd be flying on the 800 series (we purposely booked seats on the NG's), but looking on the QF site tonight, our aircraft has changed to a 300 series. Is this the norm? What can I expect to board in a fortnight?

Thanks in advance.

Soulman.

Keg
14th Jun 2004, 14:49
It'll be a 733, 734, 738, 762, 763 or A330 I expect. ;) :p

Those aircraft can (and do) change up until the day (or even hour) of departure depending on what else is happening around the network.

Shouldn't be a problem to have a look on shut down. Best way is to send a message up during the flight that you'd like to have a look when they get on blocks and they'll probably suggest waiting until the end to get off and have a look then.

Good luck. Definately won't be me eitiher way! :} :ok:

Aussie
14th Jun 2004, 23:42
Yeah mate, shouldnt be too much a problem.

I flew SYD-ADL last month and as we were getting off the aircraft, i asked the FA and she asked the CAPT and he was kool with it.
SO ye had a chat.
Good experiance, youll love it!!!!

Soulman
15th Jun 2004, 01:33
Thanks for the replies - I'm looking forward to getting a look in.

Keg - How come you won't be gracing me with your presence? Holidays? Or a different destination?

Cheers,

Soulman.

Keg
15th Jun 2004, 06:06
Definately not holidays Soul. I'll be in the classroom that day!

Tankengine
18th Jun 2004, 03:36
Soulman
Checking my roster I am doing the 618 in a 300/400 the next day, wed 30th! Sorry! The advice already given should work, ask early and then remind as you are getting off and I am sure the guys/gals up the front will help out.
Have Fun:O