PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Jobs in Brasil

nzl75
14th Jun 2004, 08:48
Great to get some help from you guys.

How do I convert my Australian/New Zealand CPL(H) to Brasil.
I have looked through the DAC website with no luck.

I live in New Zealand, My wife and son are Brasilian nationals, my son has dual citzenship.

I speak portugese but have problems reading it.

Thanks.

NZL75

AeroBoero
14th Jun 2004, 09:19
You either naturalize yourself, a process that I’m not familiar with, or fake a Brazilian ID. Otherwise no working permit as a pilot in Brazil. To convert NZ license should not be a problem, it’s not the typical JAA truck of money and patience that needs to come along such procedure.

From which state is your wife from?

nzl75
14th Jun 2004, 09:49
Presidente Prudente-SP

What about the law test before the flight check, is it written or oral, english or portugese.

NZL75

varigflier
14th Jun 2004, 14:35
I believe everything has to be in Portuguese. I just went to the procedure myself. It has gotten a lot better over the years but if you can, try to avoid DAC in Sao Paulo. They are waaaay to slow. You will also need to get your medical done here. Again try to avoid Sao Paulo if you can. The written test was easy. Mostly regulations. The flight test was a joke compared to FAA standards but then again I already have over 2500 hours. I hope this helps.

varigflier

AeroBoero
14th Jun 2004, 19:51
I did the procedure also. But I don’t know if there is the possibility to do the exams in English. The best place to get the Medical is Porto Alegre (HACO). And for paperwork better stick directly with the DAC in Rio de Janeiro:{:yuk:. You should be able to get more information by e-mailing someone there. :8

nzl75
14th Jun 2004, 21:21
so does the written exam just cover brasilian aviation law or does it cover met, and P of F, air tech etc etc.

why Porto Alegre (HACO)?? for the medical

Can you guys tell me what helicopter jobs are like in brasil, there seems to be so many helicopter operators.

I have about 500 total and 80 turbine, H300, H500, B206, AS350, AS355.

AeroBoero
15th Jun 2004, 15:11
Yes, it covers Brazilian law. I don’t think there is any English version for this. It’s essentially ICAO laws, pretty much NZ laws, with some minors changes, I guess.

You can pick a number of places to the Medical in Brazil. If you’re up only to 2nd class it can be done by a MD. Otherwise you need to go to some Air Force Hospital to do this. Between the choices, like São Paulo:yuk:, Rio or other places I think Porto Alegre is the best place to do...that’s why I said so.

Helicopters jobs….I have a friend right now unemployed. It’s really difficult although it’s better than our fixed wing market. Lot of people that have planes are buying helicopters and giving the course to their pilots so they can fly both (and save salary).:*

My friend doesn’t turbine time, but have more than 1500 hours in helicopters.

Hope it helped a bit more

varigflier
15th Jun 2004, 18:00
Although Brasil has the second largest helicopter fleet in the world, right now the job market is not as good as it used to be a few years ago but like aeroboero said, it's still better than fixed wing market. I think Sao Paulo is the best place for a helicopter job in the country. Lots of helicopters here or you can also try to fly offshore in northeastern part of Brasil.

nzl75
15th Jun 2004, 21:45
thanks for all that great info guys.

NZL75