PDA

View Full Version : Swing low....Part 2

wessex19
14th Jun 2004, 08:31
To my English Rugby friends, what happened on Saturday night?? Only one team turned up to play and they were wearing black gernsey's. How soon the mighty fall!! World cup replay in a fortnight with the Aussies in Brisbane, can't wait:)

pr00ne
14th Jun 2004, 08:35
To my Kiwi Cricket friends, what happened on Saturday afternoon? Only one team stayed to finish and they wore big grins and provided whitewash free of charge.

Still Rugby World Champions as well!!

MSF
14th Jun 2004, 16:18
Football....Portugal.....last night....anybody ?

Av18tor
14th Jun 2004, 18:03
football? England??zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Bright-Ling
14th Jun 2004, 19:31
I think that the events of the last 9 months (Eng Rugby world champs and Footie poofs threatening to strike) marks an interesting development in UK sport.

I think that the public are bored of these jumped up £60k a week wasters with no morals or dignity.

Bring on the gents of Cricket and Rugby Union!

SpotterFC
14th Jun 2004, 19:44
I didn't see the rugby, but from what I heard at work it was a well-deserved win fro the All Blacks and wasn't caused by 2 people commiting stupid fouls on the opposing team (I'll leave Gerrard's ludicrous attempt at a back pass out 'cos I'm sure the rugby boys made a few blunders!)

Maybe it's time for the football authorities to start instilling a bit of rugby-style respect for the refs, and the clubs inflicting stiffer penalties on the players (hitting them a little harder than 2 hours pay) for infringements.

In the 50s and 60s there were instances where players never played again in the UK after receiving a red card - no club would touch such an unsporting individual - now it seems to be viewed as a right of passage and the hooligans copy (with interest) the on-field antics.

My 2p

(can you tell which sport I prefer?)

Rind Skin
14th Jun 2004, 20:16
England vs France. The pommy commentators seemed to lose their voices in the last 30 seconds or so. I hope they're okay???

Gainesy
14th Jun 2004, 20:33
Bright-Ling,
Get yerself to the "We hate Euro 2004-Footy Poofs" (or similar called) thread in Jet Blast Forum mate.;)

Pass-A-Frozo
15th Jun 2004, 04:34
Yeah but what was the footy (soccer) score last time England played Australia... :ok:

BEagle
15th Jun 2004, 06:28
Who cares? Grown men (well, jumped up primadonnas) kicking a ball around a park..........

pohm1
17th Jun 2004, 04:31
rush goalie, jumpers for goal posts, aaahhhhh!

Bring_back_Buck
19th Jun 2004, 18:34
Good to see another truly unimpressive performance by the rugby world champions this morning...
By my count that makes it 5 losses out of the last 6 games (including the Baa Baa's)
Way to go Poms :ok:

STANDTO
19th Jun 2004, 21:07
I was at work

unfortunately, that meant watching England v Switz ininstallments as I walked round all the local boozers making sure nobody started knocking the sh*t out of each other

TC27
20th Jun 2004, 23:51
It was a development team, tired from a long and hectic season, many key player missing ETC ETC

And before you start any of that 'whinging Pom' nonsense these are just excuses we had from you colonial types when we beat you last year and the year before that.

Rind Skin
25th Jun 2004, 15:00
he's landed, shut down but you can still hear the whin(g)ing........

that's what ya get for putting all your hopes in one basket (Mickey Rooney).... :rolleyes:

when WILL they learn???

the "mother-land" is in serious decay. Shame... aussie's just about full now too.

soddim
25th Jun 2004, 15:40
Yeh.........but what's it full of?

TC27
25th Jun 2004, 17:09
Who's Wayne Rooney?

Always prefered cricket anyway....ahem.

separator
27th Jun 2004, 08:00
Australia 51 d England 15 (6 tries to 2)

For info, Sir Clive, when questioned here, stated a few times that it definitely was not a development team, and in fact, was a better team than the one that won the Cup last year.

A Knight of the Realm wouldn't lie would he?

To be fair, he did say that before last nights match.

sep

Bring_back_Buck
27th Jun 2004, 09:14
News Flash, massive traffic jams in Sydney, appear to be caused by a de-wheeled chariot:}

TC27
27th Jun 2004, 12:41
"It was a C-team at the end of a long season playing in unfavourable conditions with poor decisions made by the officials....come and beat us at Twickenham."

© the Southern Hemisphere, 2000, 2001, 2002 ETC

Pass-A-Frozo
28th Jun 2004, 04:41
What's the next excuse.. I know.. chaos theory...

A Butterfly flaps it's wings in Chicago and the Poms lose to the Aussies in Rugby.

:}

gravy
28th Jun 2004, 10:05
their chariot couldn't have swung much lower. Now get that heap of ****E off our streets and outa our country!!!

Oh and to slightly adjust a favourite pommy ditty.... :

"get ya crap cross off our flag... doo-dah, doo-dahhhh....."

wessex19
29th Jun 2004, 00:42
there can be no excuses for being absolutely smashed twice by the All Blacks then absolutely flogged by the Wallabies. Long flight home I imagine for Sir Clive!!!

Cardinal Puff
29th Jun 2004, 10:49
They should feel better once they've played the 'Boks. The highly rated new team that took on Ireland and Wales are way too inexperienced and will fold when facing England.

As for the Tri Nations, I shudder at the thought......:(