PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to Oz from working OS

ovum
14th Jun 2004, 00:13
Mornin' all..

If you've been working overseas for a couple of years and adhering to all the recency req. in that particular country (CIR renewals etc) and then come back to oz, do you have to completely re-do the CIR flight test?

As we all know, it's either a BFR or above for us here...I'm just not sure how it works if you haven't flown in the country for 2-3 years. What's required to be current in Australia again when you get back?

Cheers people

ovum

Tinstaafl
14th Jun 2004, 16:52
You'll need to renew:

* Medical. Class 1 needed for commercial ops, Cl.2 for private.

* Aeroplane Flight Review aka BFR. unless you do some other qualifiying thing eg a flight test for something, so...

* After 1 year from the last IR test you no longer have an Oz instrument rating so will have to renew it.

IF it has lapsed for NO MORE THAN a year then you can do a renewal flight test. It's bit easier than the initial, not as long & can use a synthetic trainer for part of it so is cheaper.

IF it has lapsed for less than 5 years then you'll have to do an initial issue flight test.

IF it has lapsed for more than 5 years then you'll have to do both the IR theory exam AND the initial issue flight test.

* Instructor rating: Valid for two years so must renew with a flight test after this period . If you have Multi training approval there is no specific requirement to do the renewal in a twin.

ovum
14th Jun 2004, 23:08
Great, thanks for the reply.

Was just looking to get a handle on whether it was totally independent of any other flying you've done O/S and obviously it is

Cheers again! :ok:

swh
15th Jun 2004, 07:41
Tinstaafl,

You sure about that, where do you have a ref for the exams expiring in Oz ?

S

scorpion23
17th Jun 2004, 07:01
Tinstaafl,

even if the IR has expired for more than 5 years you only have
to do the IR flight test to the initial standard.No IR written exam.
Cheers,

Scorpion23.

Tinstaafl
17th Jun 2004, 16:24
Things must have changed? I was sure there is (was) a 5 yr limit in there for the exam.

I stand corrected.