PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Pilots!!

fhchiang
13th Jun 2004, 14:46
hello...

just a survey here..

How many malaysian pilot here did their SELF-SPONSORED flight training elsewhere, eg. australia, US,europe?

also.. did u all do A-LEVELs.. or train directly after SPM?

i\'m taking SPM this year and choosing which path to follow........................

also.. is it easy to get job here.. with foreign license?

SuperRanger
13th Jun 2004, 15:33
my advise would be, get good grades and get the cadetpilot sponsorship... currently, mas only require SPM.

triplegem
24th Jun 2004, 04:29
study hard now, obtain good grades and complete your tertiary
education. The best way to go is of course join the cadet scheme
of any major airline after graduation. SPM stands little chance these days if u care to look around, either in MAS or otherwise.

Airlines do not take self sponsored entry level pilots. Many self-sponsored have to go through the long and hardy journey starting with small general aviation outfits, or at worst left with no jobs for years. This is an important decision ,make sure u are fully aware of the implications. Seek proper advice.

Not all foreign flying schools and licences are recognised by DCA Malaysia. Consult the department.

yyzdub
25th Jun 2004, 16:12
QUOTE:

"Airlines don't hire self sponsored entry level pilots"

You may want to check that one out... I think you'll find there are quite a number of them, mostly in Europe, you will find one or two in your part of the world, Triplegem.

jolly27
27th Jun 2004, 02:31
;) :{

fhchiang,

In Europe, it may be true that some airlines are more favourable but in this neck of the woods, you would find it hard. So what Triplegem says is quite true.

Before pursuing yr training overseas or locally, please check with the DCA regarding the schools which are approved by the government body. It will help when and if you intend to pursue your career in this region.

hv a jolly time flying