PDA

View Full Version : flight school in florida and some questions

flyby7
12th Jun 2004, 22:00
Hello everyone,

Thinking of going to EFT european flight training school, to do the APP program, i have no flight experince. i just donīt understand one thing... where do i do my ATPL ground studies and test, i know that they are no approved for that, but do they teach or help with studies? and when in the program do i have to do this tests and studie? in the end of the program or in the midle??

Please help me out

Thank you guys!

:ok:

RLM
21st Jun 2004, 01:09
Hi Flyby

When you get to the point where you have to do the ATPL exams. You are free to choose any school you want.
There is a lot of students at EFT, who has been at different ATPL schools, so just ask around about what people think or search this forum and pick the school you feel suits you best.

If you want to stay in Florida while you are studying for the ATPL, then you can take the exams in Orlando.

Hope it answers your question.:ok:

flyby7
21st Jun 2004, 14:16
Thanks RLM

:ok:

D-Wolf
13th Jul 2004, 19:42
I am afraid I have to correct you on this.

EFT do not allow you to take your ATPL groundschool in the US anymore. You are required to go to the UK.
I had hoped to take it in the US, both to save time (as going back and forth iss really anoying, especially i on distance learning and you fail an exam and have to go back to resit. And to save money, 8 flights bettween the US and the UK (not counting resits) in 2 years is a bit much...and very expensive.

D.

NACGS
14th Jul 2004, 00:58
What is the reason behind this as there are 3 approved JAA ATPL fixed wing schools in Florida, one of them only 10 miles away from EFT??

Maybe if its the J1 visa and work experience you are after you should look at Delta Connection Academy...

mattd2k
14th Jul 2004, 03:21
Fly-by,

As RLM and D-Wolf say, you are free to sit your ATPL groundschool with who ever you wish in the UK, but if you are interested I have just posted a reply on D-Wolf's thread about EFT and BGS so some of your questions should be answered here, Bristol ATPL Groundschool (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137462)

Hope this helps.