PDA

View Full Version : Disclosure form

erniefly
12th Jun 2004, 10:21
I have just started with a new employer and have to fill in the disclosure form for my id badge and having to prove where i have been for th last 5 years.
The problem is i was working for an airline that went bust in this period and therefore cant not provide any reference from them. Additional problem is that i wasnt paying tax as i was working abroad in this period so am finding it very hard to prove where i was .
Anyone go any advice or has anyone else come accross this type of problem.#
Any tips/advice appreciated

Cheers

Wing Commander Fowler
12th Jun 2004, 10:27
Was in the same position but had kept in contact with the MD of the deceased outfit so was able to put his name and address down. There is a way of nominating someone else to verify that you worked at that company by using one of the "Gap" options too.

Good luck anyhow!

sorry chaps
12th Jun 2004, 12:07
All you need is a covering letter from someone who has known you over that period of time.

Paper Lad
12th Jun 2004, 18:44
Just the sort of things someone trying to get an airside pass illegally might ask!

Lu Zuckerman
12th Jun 2004, 19:04
To: erniefly

How about entry and exit stamps in your passport also if you were working for a foreign airline did you have to get a work permit entered into your passport?

:E :E

leander
12th Jun 2004, 19:22
Sounds odd to me - might sound odd to the security people.

Supposedly professional aircrew, conscious of 9/11
No apparent references
No apparent history
Seeks hints on obtaining airside ID

It would appear to be just the sort of application that should attract closer than normal scrutiny.

IceHouse
12th Jun 2004, 22:13
What a load of b*****ks is this form, I filled in mine back in nov and received the certificate in Feb, which I think was valid for 8 weeks, I then changed company's and required a new airside ID only to discover that I needed to pay 14 quid out again and send off to scotland for another certificate as the old one had just expired and pay out again from my own pocket, I've now got a temp airside pass which I will have to go back an renew once my new cert returns.
The question is, was it really neccessary to have to go through all this a second time considering it had just expired and I'd held an airside pass for 10 years without problems, and bearing in mind that asylum seekers are allowed to enter this country without papers/ID etc and nobody knows who they are??

StudentInDebt
12th Jun 2004, 22:26
Leander - probably happens more often than you think.

I'm having a running battle with the BAA to accept that during the 9 months it took me to complete my ATPLs (correspondance course with PPSC who no longer exist) and my BCPL/FI I was not taking the Tora Bora Cave Tour. They want 5 year old receipts that I dont have, they want references from the "educational establishments" that I attended (home), they have received a personal statement, 4 seperate references all stating the same thing and they still arent happy. All this to cover a 2 week "gap" in my life 5 years ago.

The really stupid thing is that I already hold an airside pass issued (without drama) at another airport in the UK.

Lost_luggage34
13th Jun 2004, 00:05
You won't get away with a letter from someone who has just known you for the past 5 years.

You will need a full, checkable work history for the past 5 or 10 years - depends on the company of course.

Maximum allowable unaccounted time is 2 weeks.

At least that's been my experience.

Time abroad with just passport entry/exit stamps is generally unacceptable.

Daft rules, but rules is rules.

EAF122
13th Jun 2004, 00:48
yeah right , rules are rules but if you dont get your ID how the hell you going to pay your bills, eat, petrol, lovers etc, etc, etc
:* :* :* :* :*

Zeitgebers
14th Jun 2004, 08:06
Of course if you are from outside the Uk they simply for-go the checks as it is too much trouble. It's just UK citizens who get shafted.

sorry chaps
14th Jun 2004, 21:16
Sorry lost _lug34 but a covering letter from someone who knew me over that period of time was exactly what was required by the pass issuing authority.

Maybe this highlights how farcical the whole system is. Of course my mate who vouched for me was never contacted!!

Just cant stop thinking though, that if you wanted to get an airside pass with the intentions of getting upto no good then youre hardly likely to admit that you spent a year getting a b-tec in 'blowing things up' at the University of Tehran (Hons).

Might not be very popular with this but Im probably right in saying that almost every single 'future terrorist' in this country is male, between 18 and 35 and a practising muslim. I bet not one of them has a record or any preivous history in fundamentalism.

Of course most muslims arent 'future terrorists', but this highlights the fact the record and history checks are pointless.
What the answer is I dont know.