PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlantique sacks all its cabin crew

Goldilocks
11th Jun 2004, 17:52
We have all had ups and downs in our careers but this is the worst one I have ever heard of -
Air Atlantique has apparently sacked all of its cabin crew.
Most of them have only just been taken on by A.A., yet they have all now been made redundant. I am told one of them has broken an arm (not while working), and another might be pregnant, and this might have encouraged the "redundancies". Apparently the girls have been offered casual employment. Meanwhile, A.A. are still continuing to recruit, and apparently have bought yet another aeroplane for passenger work.
If this is true, this is outrageous. Can somebody please explain how these girls can legally be made redundant if A.A still intend to operate, with plenty of work to come?. Surely this is unfair dissmissal!
I cannot imagine what BMI will think of A.A operating their routes with no full timers staffing the cabin.
Sounds like a right mess to me.

Condolences to those affected and lots of luck in finding new jobs soon.

hottowel
11th Jun 2004, 18:21
Sad news isnt it?
I very good m8 and ex flying colleague was working for them. She says they are gonna be doing freelance, but I guess that's a bit of a cop out. They are still line checking crew for the planes to become pursers etc for special events like Airshows. I was going to consider a job with them too. Sent my CV off etc and the guy in charge said he would be in touch shortly. Obviously I should stay away.

It's a shame really, the package that A.A were giving all of the girls was a very good pay rate etc...

Good luck to you all in finding employment..... and M.P. my lil' flying sister - if you're reading this, we need to meet up and have a vino night sometime!!!

Cheers Hottowel xxx

EAF122
12th Jun 2004, 01:07
looks like another paul stoodart is around, really sorry guys.

bacardi walla
12th Jun 2004, 07:31
Despite being very quiet over the last few months, maybe lalapanzi would like to shed some light on this topic. Or has he changed his Pprune name ??

Masser
15th Jun 2004, 06:11
Heard from an AAG employee that as well as the cabin crew they had JUST recruited and now all the engineers on the SW3/F406 (Express) side have been made redundant. SW3 and F406 maintenance will then be carried out by Highland at Inverness..

DC3 / DC6 will be finished at next major check as no longer possible to keep flying commercially, which will be a shame.