PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Virgin

Jimlad
11th Jun 2004, 15:20
A few weeks ago I posted a topic here on how to constructively complain to Virgin. I sent off a "really good but" letter and today got the reply. A well written highly personal letter (not a mail merge template) which addressed my specific points raised and provided some gift vouchers as generous compensation. It also apologised for taking a week to answer my letter!

I want to say well done Virgin Atlantic customer services, you've done a top job of dealing with my concerns and made me feel that I want to fly with you again. Its really nice to get a personal letter that handles my specific issues and makes me feel that the problem was of real concern. I only wish certain other British airlines would take note and copy you...

TightSlot
11th Jun 2004, 16:07
Good for them, and also nice to know that you got some good advice here. Enjoy your vouchers!

apaddyinuk
15th Jun 2004, 17:11
Just out of curiosity...

I once spent a number of months working in Customer Relations for an Irish airline, would you have bothered to wright this note if Virgin did not give you some vouchers in return? :}

Globaliser
15th Jun 2004, 19:45
I think Jimlad would have done. There's history to this one (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132072) and I for one am grateful for the follow up to know what happened.

Jimlad
16th Jun 2004, 16:18
" once spent a number of months working in Customer Relations for an Irish airline, would you have bothered to wright this note if Virgin did not give you some vouchers in return?"

I wrote the letter with no expectation of compensation, merely wishing to raise a point. I felt I had a legitimate issue to raise and I personally feel Virgin handled the situation very well indeed. I have also made a point of emailing Virgin and letting them know how satisfied I am with their response and naming the person that dealt with my situation.

In my opinion if you dont complain then things dont get fixed. The flip side is that when things go well, I make sure the powers that be know about it so good things dont get changed!

spork
17th Jun 2004, 20:29
I only tend to write letters of thanks nowadays. I realised a few years ago that some customer services personnel are just out to fend you off, and quite often do not even appear to have read your (hopefully constructive) letter. What I do now is write (or preferably email) once only on the topic. If they're not interested (which is 99% of the time to my experience) then stuff 'em and go elsewhere with your money. They're getting paid to arse around at the keyboard, you're not.

However, try writing a letter of thanks when you've received good service. I've never received a token or reward of any kind, but the letters you get back are brilliant. It's quite clear that it's rare for them to know that things are going right. Such a shame.

aaaaa
19th Jun 2004, 21:41
I also tend to write when I have received good service. I recently had cause to write to GB Airways concerning the standard of the food served on board - yes, good airline food.

The response seemed to me to be one of incredulity. Obviously they don't receive many such compliments!!

So each time we receive good service let's send an e-mail thanks or congratulation card - airlines deserve compliments sometimes and obviously revel in receiving them instead of the eternal complaints they must receive.

:) :) :)