PDA

View Full Version : AIR ASIA Expat Policy

PFS TO 100%
11th Jun 2004, 13:38
Any one have info on AIRASIA policy for expats. My father is a Malaysian citizen but I am not (raised NZ). Currently working in Malaysia at a flying school, trying to get Malaysian PR. Any advice would be great.:O

kwaiyai
13th Jun 2004, 07:18
Hi There,
Check your Private messages.
Regards.:mad:

fhchiang
13th Jun 2004, 08:16
hmm.. another question here...

i'm a Malaysian

currently, i don't qualify for a Malaysia Class 1 Medical Certificate..

so i decided to get a CASA class 1 and do my training in australia....

can i still work in Malaysia without having to convert my license...?

i mean i'll renewed my CASA class 1 every year and Retain my australian license but continue to work in Air Asia or MAS

can i do this?

Virtual Reality
13th Jun 2004, 08:38
fhchiang,

A simple answer is "NO", as long as you are flying on '9M' registration, you 'MUST' possess Malaysian DCA licence, either through revalidation or sit for full exam, and of cse you must obtain a medical cert from an MDCA authorised medical examiner.

Rdgs:cool:

fhchiang
13th Jun 2004, 08:42
what do you mean by '9M'?

sadly... my eyesight correction is -4 left/-4.25 right

........ Malaysia Class 1 Limit it to -3d.....

i can pass Class 1 Medical of CASA,JAR,FAA, Hong Kong's Singapore's ././...

BUT SADLY... not Malaysia's..............

damn... that hurt for a Malaysian Wanting to Be A pilot Like Me.....

looks like only choice from me is to pursue my career overseas...

Snot Box
13th Jun 2004, 10:37
fhchiang,

9M is the country designator registration for all aircraft for Malaysia whether the aircraft is for commercial or private use.

Just like Australia, it is VH-### or New Zealand, it is ZK-### and so on..

I have a few friends that came from Australia with Australian CPL/IR and to give you an idea, they came with just a bare license so Malaysian DCA requires them to "again" sit for:

1. Two Air Law Papers
2. Performance 'A'
3. Loading
4. HPL
5. Six ATPL Papers if you are planning to join companies like Air Asia or MAS and so on....etc...
6. And also your Malaysian Cat 1 Medical
7. C.O.T. (Cerfiticate of Test) such as on a PA-34 with MFA to get a fully endorsed Malaysian CPL/IR.

Hope this helps and to give you an idea of what you are getting into. But of course, it's best and wise to check with the Malaysian DCA for proper procedures prior to setting up your plans.

SBox

Snot Box
16th Jun 2004, 01:23
coolguy,

Hate to say it but to cut through the chase, the answer is NO.

Living End
16th Jun 2004, 12:38
Hi all,

From what i can gather from snot box's comment, air asia are not too interested in absolute minimum hours, so what sort of experience do they start taking a look at you?The website just seems to mention ATPL's as a requirement. For example I have a bit under 1500 TT and am in the middle of ATPL's at the moment, is that more in the ball park? I have emailed them with questions but have had no response yet? Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers LE

Snot Box
16th Jun 2004, 14:59
For low timers with a bare CPL/IR and 'frozen' ATPL subjects, you need to be a Malaysian citizen and be here so you can have a chance to put your face in your CV. They will not entertain foreign F/Os at the moment.

They are however hiring foreign Captains. So sorry to say, even you have an ATPL but not Malaysian, chances of getting a F/O slot is quite difficult right now.

MAStake
16th Jun 2004, 15:02
I am not a NZ citizen but hold a few full ATPLs with a total of more than 330TT. Please tell me if I will have any luck applying to ANZ for a job as second officer or cadet pilot?

Cypher
17th Jun 2004, 03:33
I am a NZ citizen and half Malaysian. I have a lot more that 330 TT and all my ATPLs.. and I don't have a snot show's chance of direct entry in either ANZ or AA...!!!
:ugh:

_____________________________________________-
Any monkey can fly a plane.. it all comes down to where your born....

Cool banana
7th Jul 2004, 11:35
PFS to 100%

Which is easier to get to malaysian cpl with a nz licence or the CAAFI licence... how long did it take to get your malaysian licence