PDA

View Full Version : Flyblu (again - sorry!!)

hottowel
11th Jun 2004, 12:17
Hi there,

Sorry to drag an old chestnut out again, but there seems to be some development with the website on flyblu - now being called Bluarrow (for now!!).

I really do hope this one gets off the ground. Has anyone heard anything more (positive?). I for one, months ago nearly sent my details off in Feb - found other employment and decided not to.
Having a change of heart, have just printed off their application form off and I am going to fill it in and see what happens. They also have advertised a recruitment hotline number which they never had before, so it all seems to be picking up a bit of speed.

So we shall wait and see

See ya soon Hottowel xx

richterscale10
11th Jun 2004, 22:08
Hi guys - I'm glad you did this. I too have been hammering on the Flyblu doors and recently have had an acknowledgement of receipt of my CV......
I too hope this one makes it off the ground as I think their ethos of quality service for the right price makes sense in this cut throat seemingly uncaring industry.
Any further news let me know!!

Crew_MYT
12th Jun 2004, 11:34
Looks like it may well be happening, this is the front page of the website:

HAVE YOUR SAY - HELP US PICK THE MENU!

_

Hi there,_

As we all know, an effective army advances on it’s stomach, and in our experience so does a plane load of passengers! As part of our product development we are now looking to you to help us refine our food and wine offering._

On June 30th, 2004_the BluArrow management team will be selecting the final elements for our catering programme (food and wines) and we are looking for TWO passengers (potential or already listed with us) to join us for this extraordinary luncheon.__

The offer is simple enough: eight senior BluArrow staff will confront a HUGE spread of food and wine for tasting and final selection at our management office in Solihull. We anticipate needing help to make those choices, and genuine paying customers can help us to make a more informed choice.__

If you would like to be one of those two people, we want to know NOW what you think about air food and drink, what your views are regarding timing of food services, menu and presentation, drinks services, snacks and anything else you think may be helpful._

To enter for this small but interesting competition simply email us at [email protected] and put the word "FOOD" in the subject line. Remember to_include your full name, address and a daytime telephone number. Tell us what you think about the entire business of in-flight catering or simply make a single suggestion and on June 21st we will select two people to join us for the grand event._ Please note that this tasting occurs on Wednesday June 30th and we cannot offer any other prize should you be selected but are then unable to attend.__

So get those ideas coming in and I may see you over a crowded lunch table before the end of the month!_

Keep on keeping on,

Aden Murcutt
CEO
BluArrow - thinking Florida for you!

hottowel
14th Jun 2004, 14:47
Just to update you guys...
Well I have phoned up the job centre at Brum Airport, the advisor went through a few prescreening questions there and then. I was succesful, just your standard complyancy stuff. So there will be an info pack and application form being sent to me, which I already have from the net.

Still gonna give it a go.... nothing to loose (yet!)....

Hottowel xx

aunt Mary
14th Jun 2004, 21:43
This Flyblu set up is decidely dodgy if you ask me. It was supposed to start in June and now its the end of the year...... who in the right mind is gonna accept a job and wait till whenever they can start this so called operation to Florida. :p

Mike16
15th Jun 2004, 04:11
Hi

I second what Aunt Mary has said, i would be very careful of this so called operation.
I think they have left it very late to set up now, a bit of bad press as of the delayed start, and they have missed out on there busiest season ( Summer )
Also who is going to pay over £500.00 RTN to Florida with them when you can get charter flights there for just over £200.00 with car hire in this price and also BA and Virgin are not that dear, and personally iwould fly with BA or VS to the states as the service is brill.

bacardi walla
15th Jun 2004, 07:51
Is it 20 years since BMI applied for licenses across the pond? Don't think so.....

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
15th Jun 2004, 08:24
Aunt Mary: Thats a very shallow opinion! Have you applied for job with them? Have they rejected you already by any chance?

As for bmi, I think you will find that they used to fly to the states years ago as British Midland on 707's! Therefore, its probably a lot easier for them to get going. And as for other airlines being cheaper, they don't claim to be the cheapest on their website do they? From what I have seen, its looks a very nice service.

When I called flyblu they told they had some objections from other airlines to do with their name and routes etc. If you check the www.flyblu.com website, its all clearly talked about on there. The person I spoke to also said they're starting cabin crew interviews in July. I sincerely hope they don't know who you guys are with a negative attitude like this, cos they'll sure as egg's not be offering you a job! Do you seriously think they don't read this?!

TDB x

:rolleyes:

Mike16
15th Jun 2004, 17:29
Well Trolley dolley babe, i do take offence against your so called comments.
I looked up this company back in Jan of this year when they were looking for cabin crew in Feb.
Quite a few of us applied and were left hanging on and on, no communication.
If you do searches on pprune you will see some very lively topics on flyblu.
I do hope it takes of, and i do hope it is a success, but my honest opinion i do not think it will, i know there website says, they are not lo cost, but now poeple ( us ) know we can travel cheaper, if i want to go to the states, i would rather go virgin or BA , you get newer planes, fantastic service, good IFE, and they are very good prices now.
How can flyblu compete ?

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
15th Jun 2004, 18:15
Mike16:

If you bothered to research the airline (as most people applying to work for a company would do) you would see that their IFE they propose to offer is very state of the art and is in fact a hand held system quite new to this country. It was demonstrated at their launch at the NEC destinations show, I assume you didn't attend.

As for newer planes, how can you say this? They dont have any planes yet. how do you know they won't get new ones? You would rather sit on a knackered old VS or BA 744 in highdenisty config rather than 38/45" of all leather seating would you? Each to their own, but IMHO your opinions are totally without credit! Of course you have the right to prefer any airline, but you should consider offering flyblu credit for what they are trying to do. If you have heard nothing about your application, why not check they have received it rather than moan about it. Sorry, has to be said.

At least do your research first :*

Mike16
15th Jun 2004, 21:02
Hi

I have done my research, for one, they received my application on the 28.01.04, was told would be contacted in mid feb for interveiw? still nothing....
As for research, well yes again, i have done this, over half the management team are from NOW ? need i say anymore ?

Mike

Come on England

p.s i don't go on a plane for IFE, i go for good service, cheap ticket and a carrier that will get me there when i want....

Bye

Dom Joly
15th Jun 2004, 21:39
Trolley-Dolly-Babe

I think you will find that Mike will have done his research. If he is who I think he is I would trust his opinion. We have had many a discussion about airlines in the flight deck and he definitely does his homework.

My old airline had an presentation by Flyblu which was supposed to be a recruitment roadshow type affair. Prior to the event no info. was given out to the c.c. as to what it was all about despite numerous calls to them. I happened to see our old cabin crew arriving and all the women looked stunning (to be politically correct the blokes looked smart too).

However, the information that I heard subsequent to the event was that it was all a waste of time. They were not recruiting at this time (more like 6 months later). Therefore the folks spent all that time preparing themselves for nothing. The presentation was a bit of a flop too as the person doing it had no airline experience and could hardly answer any of the questions.

The final point was that they were only going to be operating 1 (one) 767. Very risky!!

Excellent idea and with the right funding could eventually takeoff but better airlines with more start up clout (e.g. Duo) couldn't make it work so why should one solitary 767 make it? I wish them luck.

What do you know about Flyblu then Trolley?

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
15th Jun 2004, 22:51
Mike: Lets think about for a moment shall we? They're not operational yet, so why do you feel so hard done by that you aren't working for them yet? You don't honestly think they would employ a load of crew way before they are ready do you (much as Now Airlines did)?!

Dom: You are obviously referring to the "Duo" event yes? I heard about this from a friend. As I understand, your (and yes, I do believe you must have worked for Duo from your statement) ex-HR Manager called the top brass at flyblu and talked him into to coming along to see everyone at Duo days after the redundancies. I also understand that flyblu sent 5 senior managers along to see everyone, on the clear understanding that they weren't ready to start interviewing yet, but they would be happy to take applications at that point. To me, sounds like they did this with good grace, not to waste an afternoon of their time or yours. I also heard one of these flyblu managers came in on her day off just to help out and talk about flyblu's plans. Also, I was told that all the calls telling Duo guys to go to the event were made by the ex-Duo HR manager, not anyone at flyblu. If she didn't tell the Duo guys what to expect or what was happening that day, I'd be blaming her. I really can't see the problem! All power to them for coming along, thats what I say!

I have no issue with flyblu at all. I think its a much needed service for the midlands. None of us know if they have their finance or not, so there's really no point guessind is there????

And as for one 767, you may find it will get further than 2 little ducks..... need I say more?

TDB x

Mike16
16th Jun 2004, 11:52
Hi

Hi there Dom Joly, love that name...... hi also to Trolley dolley.

Well i am not knocking flyblu at all, i am all for this idea, all i am saying is, be a little careful, as they have missed out on there busiest season already. ( Summer ) i do hope it works and for them to help DUO staff, that is great, lets hope they get there....
And yes i mean that.

Lets see where they are in 6 months from now.

crewmeal
18th Jun 2004, 08:05
Does anyone know who is heading the Cabin Services team in flyblu?

I had an email last night saying I had passed the initial screening stage and then inviting me to an open day next month. No specific date given. Guess I had better dust the 767 manual just incase.

Mike16
18th Jun 2004, 12:50
Hi Crewmeal

I have also received the same Email. I have emailed back to say i will attend. So sorry trolleydollybabe, what ever you call yourself, that i did get through, Did you ?

I will go and see what they have to offer, like i say, i do not wish to see this company fold at all. I do hope it makes a go of it, we need this in the midlands. So lets wait and see what they say at the opening event...

Bye

bacardi walla
19th Jun 2004, 07:38
I've heard a new recruitment company will be looking after flyblu's recruitment. Watch this space :ok:

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
19th Jun 2004, 08:49
Wonderful, Im so pleased for you Mike! You must be dying to ditch the orange!!! lol!

Only trouble is deary, how would you cope with the massive change in service? I mean, going from selling "max-pax" in clapt out 737's to doing full service premium and business on luxurious 767's, and twin aisles too! It will be hard work won't it sweetie!

Best of luck Mike! Your going to need it! :p

bacardi: This recruitment company you mention, what do you know then? Im very intrigued. Do you mean that Liz woman from now airlines isn't permanent at flyblu?

Mike16
19th Jun 2004, 09:05
Hi All

What is your problem troll doll ?

Yes i do work for EZY, what is up with that ? An airline that makes money, we have 120 new aribus coming through now as well as the rest of the boeing order on 737-700.
I do not work on clapped out 300's, what planest are you on ? i have applied to flyblu so i can experience long haul duties, is that a crime ?
I have always wanted to do this work since i was about 5 years of age, just for curiosity what do you do ? where you based ? what airline are you ? what is your Rank ? come on , don't be shy

Michael

P/S have a good day everyone

bacardi walla
19th Jun 2004, 09:45
Trolley-Dolly-Babe who said anything about "that Liz woman from now airlines" ?

Watch this space.

Spongebobsquarepants
20th Jun 2004, 05:42
I also recieceved the same e mail today.
Am a bit hesitant as to what will happen with them but if you dont try something you will never know. Who knows, it may turn out to be a really good thing.
I feel that i have to stick up for you Mike. I currently work for a low cost airline but have worked for a full service long haul airline in the past and believe me when i say that the job is not really that different. Same crap different uniform. Just thought the messages form that pre menstral girl where a little harsh. In my time i have worked for four different airlines and the one thing that i have never understood is people slagging of other airlines. Is it just me or do we not all do the same job!!!!:confused:

Boss Raptor
20th Jun 2004, 06:55
For what its' worth (and provided for information only and without comment and of course things may have changed...) - In the last month or so I have heard from 2 industry colleagues who have been contacted by Aden Murcott who still is looking for the funding for FlyBlu and also a suitable aircraft/deal and has not commenced the AOC application yet so is unlikely to meet the original Oct. start date

The pertinent questions are does have he have all the above sorted...or he/you are going nowhere fast...

Mike16
20th Jun 2004, 11:45
Hi Spongey

Thanks for your reply and thanks for sticking up for me, well like you, i agree we all do the same job, just differ uniforms, mine happens to be orange, some companies are blue, yellow and even pink, but at the end of the day we are there for our pax and there safety and welfare.
We all work very hard, like you i am a little sceptical about Flyblu as well, but at least give them another chance.....

Mike

Take care all

Cum on england tmrw nite, knock Croatia off there spot