PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon in the wild!

jimgriff
10th Jun 2004, 18:01
It was nice to see a Typhoon over mid Wales today. Can we have some more please . Pref at L/L and I'll have my camera with me next time.

A10 Thundybox
10th Jun 2004, 22:59
You can't tell us that and not show a pic!
I have been to countless airshows where it was "going to be" but it was always tits-up, I was beginning to wonder if it actually existed. Maybe the government use that WW2 old Colonel T.A Robertson trick of making squadrons of 'em out of rubber to fool the hun or whoever the bad guys are today (Thusrday).
Hopefully the RAF IOTE types will give British Waste-o-Space some sharp feedback so we can see it fast through the hills in the autumn. I'll be in the loop shooting at them with a 500mm (erm it's a camera chaps).

Thundy:}

bluetail
11th Jun 2004, 12:08
A10

If you wanted to see it, you should have gone to RIAT Last year, one in static and one displaying, and I might say it bloody good too, (Italian in the driving seat).

RIAT will have two on display again in July this year.

Additionally reports are confirming that current servicability rate for the small fleet is way beyond the RAF,s expectations, so much so that the team (17 Sqn) at Warton have increased mission planning.

965Bedstead
11th Jun 2004, 19:30
A10

Try renting one of the caravans on the site at the end of the Warton runway 08. 2/3 ship touch and goes most days, usually with Tornado chase.

Remember to pack ear plugs, ear defenders, kidney belt and...more ear defenders.

I can't believe anyone still lives there.

Tiger_mate
11th Jun 2004, 21:23
Possibly the same aircraft is tonight resident at RAF Shawbury awaiting showtime at RAF Cosford this coming sunday. Looks like it will only be an unserviceability on the day that is going to stop what is being canvased as "The first `RAF` Typhoon air display" as opposed to BAe.