PDA

View Full Version : Af/klm

unmanned transport
10th Jun 2004, 16:33
Air France/KLM Group said combined traffic in May increased year-on-year by 21.3% to 14.26 billion RPKs while capacity was ahead 15.4% to 18.68 billion ASKs, driving load factor up 3.7 points to 76.3%. AF traffic grew 20.5% on a 15.4% rise in capacity and load factor improved 3.2 points to 75.2%; KLM traffic increased 22.8% with capacity ahead 15.6% and load factor gained 4.6 points to 78.3%. The group noted it achieved its highest load factor since May 2001 and said long-haul operations continue to drive overall performance. Activity on the European network, including the domestic French market, benefited from "attractive fares" put in place by AF and KLM. Load factor improved 1.1 points to 68.2% on the segment. Combined May cargo traffic jumped 11.6% on the prior-year period on a 12.5% rise in capacity and cargo load factor declined 0.5 point to 68.9%. For AF alone, cargo traffic rose 12.5% while capacity grew 14.6% and load factor dipped 1.2 points to 63.3%. KLM cargo traffic increased 10.6% on a 9.7% rise in capacity and load factor gained 0.6 point to 76.9%.

Notso Fantastic
10th Jun 2004, 17:11
....er.....very interesting! Lots of numbers in that, weren't there? You're not going to test us are you? To make it really interesting, why don't you tell us in your own words the ghist of all that data?

Airbubba
10th Jun 2004, 17:14
I heard about it but I didn't get the details until I read your post...

LGS6753
10th Jun 2004, 18:39
Notso -

Can I help you to a large gin and tonic? Are you partial to a little foie gras?

Now then, we have just done a mega-merger. It makes no sense to us or anyone else, but it means that we French have the biggest airline this side of, well, Luxembourg.

We would like to show you how unbelievably clever we've been.
Another G and T? Champagne?

So we've put together some really impressive numbers. Did you notice, there were a couple of 'billions' in there? Our finance people are really impressed (but that's easy). Our PR people are even more impressed (easier still). And we would be most obliged if you too would be impressed. Tell all your friends, too.

Just don't ask about the logic, or the strategy, because we are still working on difficult questions like that. We just want you to be impressed, that's all.

Notso Fantastic
10th Jun 2004, 19:49
Mmmm! Le champagne est tres bonne merci! Sont les Francais toujours hung-up sur les numeros? Est-il du grand importance faire le plus grand airline d'Europe quand vous allez au Holland et prenez un autre airline dans un autre pays pour faire le 'Big One d'Europe'? J'ai un 'big one'. Est-il important pour vous?

Pointer
11th Jun 2004, 07:04
With all these impressive numbers its time for AF to introduce the new corporate identity in Holland:

Beinvenue a Notre vol de Airfrance dependance Pays-bas

Pointer :E

jimbolayah
11th Jun 2004, 07:51
Just a dutchman's point of view:

It just sucks to hold the sh?t end of the stick

but hey if you can't beat em join them vive la france :}

ATC Watcher
11th Jun 2004, 09:13
Once upon a ( not so distant) time AF was looking at buying SABENA and ALITALIA. Horror among the Frites and Pasta lovers !!!
Now The Dutch swallowed their pride and will continue probably to fly in the next decade while some others will look up and see the contrails on the AMS and CDG bound flights...
Who cares which colors the aircraft will be painted ?

And as a bonus we may now have decent cheese on KLM .....

:=

panda-k-bear
11th Jun 2004, 11:47
ATC - You're lucky! They ran out of cheese before they got to me (but it was Cityhopper)

"Ham or cheese?" "Ham or cheese?" "Ham or cheese?" "Ham or cheese?"

"I'll have cheese please."

"Sorry, I don't have any cheese."

"Oh, I'll have ham then."

"Here you go."

"Ham or cheese?" "Ham or cheese?" "Ham or cheese?"

A familiar procedure to many Cityhopper frequent travellers. (What really frightens me is the floor level lightning, though....) :}