PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew Recruitment Consultancies

BritishGuy
10th Jun 2004, 15:47
I was just wondering if anyone who has just got their shiny new JAA ATPL (fATPL) Or FAA COM/FAA ATP, with the bog standard piston time ever registered with an agency? Y'know, like Airline Appointments, Wynwith (think thats how you spell them), Rishworth??

I know they always advertise for type rated with experience guys, but was wondering if they'd entertain registering a low timer with the fATPL/ATP, and actually manage to get them a job. I was wondering if anyone with fairly low time has ever landed themselves a position with one of the agencies without masses of time, or a type rating??

Fiske
10th Jun 2004, 17:11
Hi,

I registered with a couple of agencies and spoke to a few of their people on the phone.

At the time I had only a very small number of hours and no commercial experience.

The agencies were very pleasant to talk to and answered any specific questions I had. They were completely honest saying they would keep me on their books but had never been approached by any operator for low houred, unexperienced pilots.

I never heard back from any of them, but you never know......:ok:

lookoutbelow
10th Jun 2004, 17:13
I actually worked for one of the mentioned agencies for two years. In all my time as a consultant there we never placed a guy with less than 800hrs and a Type rating. That is not to say it hasn't changed since I left 18 months ago.

It doesn't cost anything but a few minutes of time to register with most agencies so why not do it and see.

Regards

LookOutBelow

hifive11
10th Jun 2004, 22:58
Although I only have a small number of hours and no type rating, I registered with Rishworth. I am interested in the Far East and they do a great deal of recruiting for that market.

Royal Brunei which is one of their clients, runs its own cadet scheme but I was given to understand that this is not producing enough qualified pilots. I therefore thought there was no harm in submitting my registration which they accepted but to be truthful I don't hold out much hope at all. I have however lost nothing in doing so.

Hi5 :)