PDA

View Full Version : Britannia first stage

serbsarooni
10th Jun 2004, 12:58
Is anyone going to Britannia first stage assessment on June 22nd?
I am eagerly awaiting info on e-mail which stubbornly refuses to arrive, so wondered if anyone could tell me what it's all about. Should I go into a frenzy straight away and read Handling the Jets all through the night? and swot up on dull ATPL stuff?
or what?
temporarily paralysed...

StudentInDebt
10th Jun 2004, 13:55
Maths - Fractions, number sequences, algebra, sums etc

Critical thinking - Read a paragraph and make deductions, inferences etc from it

Personality Profile - Usual stuff about Otters

Group Exercise - Always amazes me how many people don't know how to play this game.

Group Ex many not be part of Day 1 anymore. There is no real technical knowledge needed for any part of the selection process, I imagine that the company figures that since you have passed 14 exams and sat at least twice with CAAFU you already have it.

chuckyaeger
18th Jun 2004, 16:13
hello serbsarooni and studentindebt(ive been there and still am)!!
I thought id join in on your chat as I have day 1 on the 22nd and am seeking genuinely aviator friendly advice about the full day? If anyone could help this is appreciated. Studentindebt i would appreciate more info from you. thanks and goodluck.

GTP
18th Jun 2004, 19:57
hello boys i did day 1 a few weks ago and got through. did day 2 the other day.
day 1 as per above( student indebt) shrink tests that you cant really study for. the reasoning one is difficult. watch the personality question air not so straight forward unless your 100% honest. the group ex. is very straight forward. dont bother reading Hand the big jets. the book is a waste of time these days anyway.

KKM
19th Jun 2004, 14:28
Hi guys,

Just wondered if you could share experience levels, do u guys have 737 ratings or a bundle of hours. I was told that they are currently recruiting for Robin hood airport. Just wondered if any of you are being looked at for second officer postions.

Thanks in advance

kk

toro01
21st Jun 2004, 08:39
Can you tell me something about day 2

How was the sim ride? where? what airplane? Profile?

Did you get the results the same the day. Thanks

MAX
21st Jun 2004, 13:36
Sim is normally a straight forward derparture with vectors to ILS. Flown 3 times with a couple of questions thrown in. All raw data and hand flown. Nothing curly like engine failure etc. They will be looking for improvement. The recruitment team make their mind up that very day but may take some time before you recieve a phone call or letter.

MAX:cool:

toro01
21st Jun 2004, 14:58
max thanks for the info. Could you tell me what air`lane. I heard 757 but notsure. thanks

MAX
21st Jun 2004, 15:16
May depend on what sim is available. Used to always be a HS125 based a GECAT LGW. I hear most 757 sims are full up this time of year.

MAX:cool:

chuckyaeger
28th Jun 2004, 21:05
Hi Serbsarooni. I was just wondering whether Brittania have called you for a second assesment yet? Thanks hope the day went well. ...Chuck