PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 jet? engine fails.

FarCu
9th Jun 2004, 22:27
From the Melbourne Sun Thursday the 10th of june.

Plane engine fails

10jun04

A QANTAS flight to Newcastle on Monday was redirected to Sydney after an engine failed and fog enveloped the airport.

About 31 passengers were travelling on an early morning flight from Melbourne when one of two engines on the Dash 8 jet failed.

Heavy fog at Newcastle forced the pilot to divert to Sydney airport.

A Qantas spokeswoman said the plane landed safely and without incident.

Passengers eventually arrived in Newcastle two hours late.

Do they really use Dash 8s from Melbourne to Newcastle??
How long have they had jets?? (Sarcasm) More great journolistic accuracy.

Buster Hyman
9th Jun 2004, 23:09
Fog ingestion appears to be the cause of the latest terrifying ordeal for weary Australian travellers. Passengers on board the Dash 8 Turbo-Supersonic Whisper Jet screamed uncontrollably as the plane broke the sound barrier on it's terrifying plunge towards the ocean, just outside of Broken Hill.
"Mah life flashed before my eye", said Bob Uppendoon, a resident of outback QLD "Ahh saw my dog Bessie, mah cousin Betty-Sue...we're engaged ya know, and ah saw muh truck Betty-Sue too. It was scary as, eh!" An aviation spokesperson, who wished to remain anonymous, said; "This is the problem with our current system. I guarantee that the NAS will solve this, and it will keep jobs in Australia. Here, have a Tam-Tim."

hoss
10th Jun 2004, 02:11
Nice one, Buster:ok: :p :)

Blue Sky Baron
10th Jun 2004, 02:19
Buster, you crack me up!! :ok:

MeatHunter
10th Jun 2004, 07:26
Good one Buster.
Keep up with the mirth. Pprune needs it.
Beats some of the crap one reads on these forums.
MH

boofta
10th Jun 2004, 08:28
Brilliant Buster.
The icing on your story would have been some Dick Smith
peanut butter on the Tim Tam.

Crack
10th Jun 2004, 12:40
Nice one Buster, keep it UP .

:D

Didn't I meet you in TEXAS?.:ok:

Big Piluka
10th Jun 2004, 13:52
Yes, Dash 8s fly WLM-ML-WLM. Impulse used to do it in B1900s!

Apparently the aircraft in question was on descent
when the right engine suffered a compressor stall.
The crew shutdown the engine then diverted to SY.

Maybe the engine choked on the NAS? :ok:

HotDog
10th Jun 2004, 13:59
Very funny buster but you spoilt it with the southern drawl.
"Mah life flashed before my eye", said Bob Uppendoon, a resident of outback QLD "Ahh saw my dog Bessie, mah cousin Betty-Sue...we're engaged ya know, and ah saw muh truck Betty-Sue too. It was scary as, eh!"

Crack
10th Jun 2004, 16:28
Hey Rev,

Nah mate, it cana be, definately from Texas mate, definately Texas.

Betty Sue was waiting tables at the outback restuarant Fort Worth in 94:

can nay be TOOO BETTY SUE'S?.

I BUSTER BETTY SUE.

Does this mean we're related Buster?.:D :D

Buster Hyman
10th Jun 2004, 22:15
HotDog...I couldn't get "Cletus, the slack jawed yokel" out of my mind! Whilst the accent is hard to convey, if you've been to outback QLD, you'll know what I mean!;)

Crack...I've been to Texas only the once, back in 1990 & it was a short couple of trips to IAH. If you worked for CO there....then it's a possibility.:ok:

bonzaman
11th Jun 2004, 03:09
I think this is close enough to the theme of this thread. Chanel Nine news did a piece on the D Day commemoration featuring one of the veterans. They introduced him as " a tail gunner in a Huricane" That must be worth some sort of a medal!!!

Moving right away from aviation for a moment, the same station reported on a survey, I have forgot the subject matter.
The result, they told us was that it applied to 25 percent of the population in NSW and one in four in the othe States.

I rest my case.

Sounds like six of one and half a dozen of the other?? :p

Woomera

Douglas Mcdonnell
11th Jun 2004, 08:00
Nice one Buster. Are you sure the flight wasnt out of Launceston. If you want to make money in Launy open a hat/pram/bib and brace store. A side line of roll your owns would also cement the return of the " return customer ". Pitch forks may also sell quickly.

Cheers DM

FarCu
18th Jun 2004, 06:35
Thanks. I shouldn't have been so lazy and looked up the schedules.