PDA

View Full Version : MS Word Query

Maxflyer
9th Jun 2004, 21:37
I have been asked by a relative to make an Order Of Service for their wedding. I am using MS Word and have got it pretty much how I want it. Using page setup I show it on the screen as A5 pages, but it just won't print out that way (2 A5 pages per A4 sheet).

If anyone can help, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks

stagger
9th Jun 2004, 23:27
So you have 2 A4 pages that you want to reduce and print as 2 A5 pages on a single A4 sheet.

The dialog boxes vary depending on the printer you have but with my HP I select the following to do this.

File > Print > Properties > Features > Multiple Pages Per Sheet > 2 Pages Per Sheet.

Leaving the orientation set as Portrait since this controls the orientation of the pages printed on the sheet not the whole sheet itself.

stickyb
10th Jun 2004, 07:18
The very best thing for doing that is software called fineprint.

Works wonders.

spannersatcx
10th Jun 2004, 11:10
Do you just have word or do you have offce??

If you have office then use publisher as that is the type of thing it was designed for.

Keef
13th Jun 2004, 00:03
As one who does it very often (!), I'd suggest using Publisher rather than Word. That does it extremely well.

I just (yesterday) produced a new 28-page Communion service book, and have a wedding service book (the full one with all the service, not just the hymns and descriptions) on the stocks at the mo. Publisher is the way to go!

If you're stuck, e-mail me what you have and I'll lick it into shape in Word for you (pm me for the e-mail address). No charge :)