PDA

View Full Version : Charters from Florida to UK

little-paddy
9th Jun 2004, 15:54
Hey all,
Can anyone rercommend a cheap charter company that operate from anywhere in Florida to the UK during the summer? The scheduled services are all 1000 USD and right now I just haven't that kind of cash.

Thanks for any info,

LP

PS: I have done the searches on the web before I am told to do it. I have also checked Thomas Cook.:ok:

ukeng
9th Jun 2004, 16:14
Try www.opodo.com

I had a look for mid July return MIA-LHR and it came back at less than £500 for both Continental and BA

Could also try www.virgin-atlantic.com

speedbird_heavy
10th Jun 2004, 09:25
Try these Travelcity Direct (http://www.travelcitydirect.com) they will be operating a 742 into Cardiff,

Bagso
10th Jun 2004, 13:31
Try Travelcity.direct, they will put you right into center of UK with
2 flights a week into Manchester.

Pembo330
10th Jun 2004, 13:59
I think the best thing to do is to ring a UK Travel Agent, who will have access to all charter flights. Here are a couple of numbers for you:

+44 870 165 5000 (Lunn Poly Holiday Shop)
+44 870 050 0120 (Sky Travel Holiday Shop)

The problem with jumping on a charter flight from the wrong end (so to speak) is that from the Holiday company's point of view, a seat may well have to fly empty to Florida, pick you up, take you back, fly empty back to the U.K. unless someone wants one way tickets from this end. To this extent, you may get charged a little more than what a U.K. round trip passenger may get charged.

Its certainly worth trying though; let us know how you get on.

thefareguru
10th Jun 2004, 14:35
I don't know if this will work, but I know that there are charters from Toronto into Florida. For example, check your round-trip fares on Jetsgo into YYZ.

Then check sites like flyconquest.com [or perhaps .ca, I forget] or exit.ca for charters YYZ - LGW/MAN.

Another possible option out of South Florida is LTU into Dusseldorf. From there, you can bounce over to the UK on any number of locos.

I checked travelcitydirect and they only sell UK-originating on their website. You could try phoning them at 011 44 8709 505176 and see if they can do US-originating or if they have a rep in FL who does.

Cheers from Vancouver.