PDA

View Full Version : Air Astana B757 seat pitch

LowNSlow
8th Jun 2004, 09:31
I knew that BAe owned a large slice of Air Astana but how much involvment is there on a day to day basis?

I'd love to know when/if they are going to repitch the seats on the 757's. 4.5 hours to Amsterdam with my knees under my ears is a real pain, literally when you're 15 stone and 6' tall. How some of our outsized transatlantic cousins get in I have no idea. :confused:

eal401
8th Jun 2004, 10:38
I don't think the seats will be repitched, not in economy anyway.

slingsby
8th Jun 2004, 15:55
P4GAS and P4FAS have both undergone major cabin refurbs with new leather business class seats. They don't seem to have done much with economy though, still, with an average load ex EGLL of 15 to 30 punters down the back, I would have thought that taking a few extra rows out would make all the difference. B757 crews are trained by BA, and are doing a fine job, the locals are doing very well. As for the props, I'm not sure who is training them, or if KLM/NLM have loaned crews to them for an extended period as is the case on the B757 fleet. I assume they want to retain high capacity in econommy due to their route plans to go to india later this year.
All in all a very nice airline, I'm sorry but what ever happened with the F50 didn't draw alot of attention, so I cannot help on that issue.

peeteechase
8th Jun 2004, 22:20
Hi guys,
P4-EAS also now fitted with Business seats, suspiciously similar to BA's old cradle seats. Aircraft were originally LTU so probably charter config down the back.
Training on the Fokker is being carried out by a fine bunch of guys, very experienced, and they work for a European operator.
With the demise of Air Kazahstan this airline is set to go places, I wish them luck.
ATB, PTC

eal401
9th Jun 2004, 07:32
suspiciously similar to BA's old cradle seats.
That'll be because they are ex-BA seats!! :)