PDA

View Full Version : Help Security warning problem with email

tony draper
9th Jun 2004, 11:18
Had cause to format and reload win98 recently, everything is fine but my webmail,I keep getting a Warning page flashing up saying Security Error, the Safety Certificate is invalid or out of date,do you wish to proceed, YEs, NO, Instal Certificate, it doesn matter what I press this dammed page keeps popping up.
If I perservier I can eventually get in and read me in box, but it takes forever having to constantly click on this yes
If I click on the instal certificate it does so and says instalation successfull but again that makes no difference.
Speaking to someone today and they said it had to do with MS interogating the machine when I log on, and there was a way of stopping this,but he could not remember how,(he is old and fuddled like Drapes himself now)
Phoned my ISP tech support(50p a minute) and the chap there said it was a microsoft prob and nowt to do with them.
Anybody got a clue whats going on here??
Incidently I have a valid windows 98 disc that I bought tiz not a ripped copy, so I don't think it has to do with the new install.
:(

Evo
9th Jun 2004, 11:40
Is your system clock set correctly? I have seen similar errors when my PC thought it was 2001 and the certificate was issued in 2003...

Naples Air Center, Inc.
9th Jun 2004, 12:55
tony draper,

When the SSI Certificate pops up, you can read the details. It could be their Cert has expired.

Take Care,

Richard

tony draper
9th Jun 2004, 14:20
Thanks peeps, great stuff Evo, thats exactly what it was, when I reloaded win98 I didnt bother setting the calender, according to my machine it was Jan 1997, hee hee, re set it and everything is spiffing now thanks a lot.
Will spend a hour deleting all the spam that had accumulated now.
Thanks again peeps.

:rolleyes:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
9th Jun 2004, 16:29
tony draper,

You need to get one of those programs that filters the spam for you.

Take Care,

Richard