PDA

View Full Version : What about CPL holders

ALLBLACK
8th Jun 2004, 22:13
Hi > I need to know the inpression of most of the airlines when recruiting Cabin crew . Do they take any Pilots with no Commercail flying experiece. Since I have been finding problems to get a job with low hrs, I am thinking of applying for a cabin crew, to get my life and expenses rolling.

Can somebody please let me know whether EK is keen to recruit Commercial Pilot License holders as Cabin Crew , I am 27 with no prior Cabin nor hospitality Experience.

Thanks

ALLBLACK

flugfisch
15th Jun 2004, 12:45
Hi - Iīm in the same situation - I applied with easyjet - and after one week I have an invitation - so it seems to me, that they donīt have a problem with my CPL.

Good luck

sammyhostie1
15th Jun 2004, 13:42
Hi,

A guy on my course at MYT had all his commercial licences, but he has no type ratingand is finding it hard to find a job.

He is now cabin crew with MYT and is still searching, but at the same time can still keep his hand in aviation and make some contacts.

Plus improve his future CRM performance!

Airgus
19th Jun 2004, 22:21
I am a PPL, just got a CC job for EK, no problem at all, I guess.

I think it is more a mather of actitude, being responsible and attentive. ...Can you smile? while at the same time you handle responsabilities, care about safety and pax attention? if so, yes!

Good flights,
AG.-

:ok:

34R
20th Jun 2004, 03:44
I dare say being able to fly an aeroplane would have no impact whatsoever on your prospects of being hired as a F/A. I don't think it will help or hinder you.

If you are personable, approachable and enjoy working with people, I'd say you are in with a show.

whatunion
20th Jun 2004, 09:55
i was never clever enough to get a job as cabin crew as i had no educational qualifications but i got into flying no problem.

most airlines would welcome you with open arms if you are capable of demonstrating good service standards and common sense!

Ropey Pilot
20th Jun 2004, 20:06
I am thinking about doing this too. I don't think people are suggesting it would ever be a help to be a pilot - but if I was an employer and saw someone with a frozen ATPL and a masters degree I would assume that he/she would jump ship at a seconds notice for a flying job and would therefore take someone else.

But as with all jobs, if they are short of applicants they will expand their criteria. (I know I would think twice about taking a CPL holder for that reason).

sharksucker
21st Jun 2004, 10:09
Did so as well for about half a year and had about 15 Collegues in the same situation... No problem, more likely welcome with most airlines I would say...
Did so with an airline with a red and white paintjob (a white cross at the fin...)
The time was great and learnt a lot about CRM and sure it will help me for the future, sitting in front and having an idea, what is going on behind...

Go for it, you wonīt regret and as said already before, it is a great opportunity to make contacts!

Airgus
22nd Jun 2004, 00:10
It may help you...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117959

AirG.- :ok:

Kempus
22nd Jun 2004, 00:31
Hi guys!

Lots of guys and girls at BA fly, ranging from a PPL to ATPL with type rating, oh and i mean cabin crew by the way! If you can show what they're looking for which is all the customer service skills cant see how you cant get a start.

The flying side wont really make much difference as that wont be the job your doing but i suppose it is good for networking etc but just dont take it as a guarenteed stepping stone into the flight deck.

kempus