PDA

View Full Version : long range service

jerrystinger
8th Jun 2004, 19:47
Just wondering what you guys and gals who operate long range flights do service wise out there. I worked as BA crew for 6+ years
on the 747 and 777 fleet ex LHR and remember how mean BA's long range economy product was, i.e Heathrow - Tokyo/Singapore/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur etc consisted of one main meal service after take off and then the paxs would have up to 8 hrs without anything (unless they made the effort to come to the galley!).
I recently flew to Osaka with JAL and the crew had their respective long range breaks, but those on duty didn't stop (bar service, snacks etc throughout!) and it was excellent. BA is a pretty good airline generally, but as an ex-crew member myself I would NOT travel BA economy long range....

Any comments?

bluestars
8th Jun 2004, 21:54
Hi

i recently flew BA on a 777 from LGW to ANU and i have to say it was top notch in every way. And, no i wasnt in club world either.

Service was great and i was very impressed. It was my first longhaul (ish) flight with BA and i would have no hesistation in recommending them to friends/family.

And i compare this product to alledegly one of the worlds leading airlines SQ..... BA knocked spots off them.

Just my opinion!!!

jerrystinger
8th Jun 2004, 22:00
I agree that BA are good on most routes, but I was referring more to long range sectors (over 10 hrs).

exmax
9th Jun 2004, 08:46
I'm ex s/h BA crew and have flown to many long haul destinations as a pax on BA, I flew once on SQ down to SYD and they were just brilliant. Whilst BA have some great crew, SQ in my opinion have a better in-flight product for economy pax. BA Club World is FAB too:D

apaddyinuk
14th Jun 2004, 03:22
Dear Bluestars...

Your flight was great cos it was out of LGW with LGW crew and were the best!!!! :ok:

Hehehehe....only joking...you guys are in LHR are pretty cool too!!!! :E

bluestars
14th Jun 2004, 06:35
dear a paddyintheuk

well some would say im biased too cos my boyfriend is L/H from LGW and he was operating on my flight but then LHR are good too (Im starting from there soon!!!)

but joking aside i really did rate BA's service. Economy was good on the outbound.... and I was mega lucky to get Club on way home and I cant stop talking about it.

I have actually flown SQ about 6 times, twice in Raffles (business class) and the rest in economy and apart from the in flight entertainment on SQ which is much better, BA I personally feel were of a better standard.

Maybe I need to do a few more flights on BA to properly compare!!! :D Must check my boyfriends roster!!!!!

BA's flat bed really is the business, and it makes me wonder why people fly on spacebed as it really isnt too comfortable.

as i say my opinion and everyone has a different one!

bluestars