PDA

View Full Version : britannia day 2

GTP
8th Jun 2004, 17:19
Can anyone give me any info on the interview with Britannia. What sort of questions personal or tech. etc
Also what can i expect from the psychologist.
Thanks Anyone

Pirate
8th Jun 2004, 22:14
Very relaxed and friendly chat with management pilot, no tech questions as that area was covered in Part 1. Usual stuff from the psychologist, again a friendly approach. No need to mug up on anything - just be yourself, as that's what they appear to be looking for.

Simulator is well briefed and demonstrated with emphasis on basic IF skills and airmanship. Relax and enjoy. IMHO one of the better selection procedures, overall.

cheachez1
8th Jun 2004, 23:16
GTP.
When did you do the first asessment day? How long does it normally take between doing the first day and finding out if you have been successful/unsuccessful?
Thanx!!

GTP
9th Jun 2004, 06:24
did day one 3 weeks ago. and got call yesterday to do day 2 tuesday next week. no rest for the wicked.
Can anyone tell me how many 757, 767 exactly.

StudentInDebt
9th Jun 2004, 09:56
www.britanniaairways.com

Under more categories, anorak archive you can find out all about Britannia Airways' 757, 767 and 737 fleets.

If its any help they arent interested if you can recite the serial numbers of the engines on the fleet, they may already know how many aircraft there are and if they don't they dont care. Britannia interviewers are interested in you as a person and will spend the 40mins of your interview asking about you rather than getting you to bore them to death with your technical knowledge.

Never got to talk to the psychologist but I understand that she uses the personality profile you filled in to ask you questions about your life. Be nice and tell the truth.

Turn around times are usually less than 2 weeks from interview to finding out success/not success

Good Luck

aapa
9th Jun 2004, 09:58
hi

would you be able to tell me what experience you guys have and how and when did you apply i submitted an aplication form quite a while back never heared anything just wondering wether you guys have type reatings info. would be gratefull to keep the hope up

thanks and good luck to you all

GTP
9th Jun 2004, 16:48
Thank you for your replies. from what you tell me I should just be myself and expect mopre personal questions than tech.
thanks all.
PS. I my day 1 all of the pilots were high time experienced people.

FYG
11th Jun 2004, 16:32
Hi all,
I also have an interview and sim check with Britannia some time next month, but my biggest concern is with the sim check. If anyone can give me any info on how best to prepare for the sim it would be greatly appreciated. I have been advised to try and get some time in a 757 sim, but where best to do this and how much? (the latter being v.important).

aapa

On my day 1 there seemed to be a wide range of experience and of all the guys I spoke to I was the only one looking for his first commercial job. (I am ex mil, 1500 rotary 250 fw, no TR).

I applied for Britannia way back in November and got the call in about March time, but I did attend the Thomsonfly recruitment day in February wearing a nice suit and a big smile sporting another application form to ensure they didn't forget me. I am convinced that attended the recruitment day got the selection.

Also the people at Britannia all seem very nice and they were helpful when I phoned to ask about my app. They are very at the moment mind you.

Good luck to all on phase 2

PPRuNeUser0215
14th Jun 2004, 09:09
Hi

Often the sim ride is not on the 75 but on the HS125 rather. 757 sim slots are a lot more difficult to get these days hence the 125 choice (GECAT LGW).

approachcontrol
15th Jun 2004, 23:41
GTP,

Well done on the Britannia assessment.
I completed the Day 1 in December 2003, and was told I was in a holding pool. I have communicated with the HR dept on a regular basis and have been hold that we're still there.....in the holding pool.....no recruitment as yet.....etc.
Spoke only yesterday with HR and told the same, still on file, still in holding pool.
What is your experience and did they mention what positions are available?

Thanks for the info and best of luck

AC

chuckyaeger
1st Jul 2004, 17:59
Hi there,

Was wondering how long it takes Brittania to send a rejection letter out if unsuccessful on day 1.

Also is it always three weeks if successful on day1, or has anyone else been called after a week or 2.

Thanks.