PDA

View Full Version : IR with P.A.S

fflyboy101
8th Jun 2004, 12:40
Hi all

Looking into getting an IR with P.A.S. Does anyone have any comments?

Also, it has been mentioned on other threads that you can set yourself up to claim VAT back. Can anyone give me more info as how to arrange that, and the cost involved?

fflyboy101
8th Jun 2004, 15:50
Thanks for that Charlie S Charlie. I will contact them and see what they say.

Bravo 99 (AJB)
8th Jun 2004, 17:03
Hi FFlyboy101

I did my IR with PAS, it is the best place to get it done. Paddy and Mike are the best, if you want the best training and get good results in the job market go there it is not the cheapest but boy it helped on my CV/JOB search there are other options CAB Air or the single IR at bristows Cab air cost is less but
a lot of the flying is in the 22 and its not the same, Bristows is a single IR and to get any employment as a IR pilot here in the UK you need to convert it to twin so it costs the same in the long run
I have heard there is a company at Wycombe but have no intel on it.
If you have the money go to pas expect to budget on 40K but you will get a some back in the form of the VAT also at pas you get a type rating to the AS355 in your figures

I have PM,ed you both paddy and mikes mobile numbers

with regard to the VAT register your self as a company the VAT man with ask what will you do for a job after tell him the truth that you intend to freelance.

I claimed and got back all my VAT on all my training except the ground school at oxford.

they dont charge on the ground school.

Speak to your accountant set up your company register, them bobs your uncle it is realy straight forward.

with regard to work after it depends on where you go be even flying for the rigs you can get contract free lance.

I hope it helps but i have also left my numbers on you pm if you fancy a chat please feel free to call me.

Sincerely

Andy

Bravo 99 (AJB)

As an add on what i do to save on hassle with books etc is set an agrement with your accountant that you will every month send in your reciepts pay them a nominal fee for doing this then when the vat man if he ever has a quiry say well i dont do the books the accountant dos hes even more happy becouse he knows that you are not on the fiddle so to speak. and the best ever thing with this is you dont stop claiming back the vat you claim it on every thing fuel meals cloths etc. all you do is when you invoice for work is add the vat and if you spend a bit heavy if you want put it into a seperate acount and its always there if you have to pay some vat.

becarefull on this though if you do it this way bring the money back into your main account first then pay it from there we found a loop that they could get you back on when we tried this we paid it from the other account andthey where saying that you where taking it form income so be a little carefull but it works.

Andy