PDA

View Full Version : Jet 2 @ Nema

Banzai Eagle
8th Jun 2004, 11:54
Jet 2 737-300 in Cargo config @ NEMA, any offers is this Post Office or UPS flying?, where from/to etc

737James
8th Jun 2004, 13:13
Im not sure 100% but i think its a post office flight operating from Belfast as i followed it back a couple of weeks back. It caught my attention when reading back ATC as could see it was a Jet2 back to ema but have since seen it parked up on cargo apron.
I believe there is also Islandflug post office from Edi as seen that up there and another i think i heard comes in from Exeter.

almost professional
8th Jun 2004, 14:04
Post office flying-B737 from Exeter, Belfast and Edinburgh-sometimes Channex sometimes Islandflug

Vick Van Guard
8th Jun 2004, 17:21
It was operating in pax config yesterday (7th) as it eventually operated the first CDG rotation for Baby.

Baby fell down badly yesterday at NEMA, DUB cancelled, CDG two and half hours late, ALC over three hours late, AGP delayed badly and not enough ground staff :sad: :sad:

almost professional
8th Jun 2004, 22:18
positioned in from stansted for the paris

LBAir
9th Jun 2004, 19:25
I think we'll see more of this JET2 'advertising' before the strike!! ;)

trainer too 2
10th Jun 2004, 13:04
What strike??? :confused:

LBAir
10th Jun 2004, 21:28
I'm sorry I cannot say, LBA and JET2 are in my heart. You'll just have to wait and see, but I do believe you'll be seeing JET2 much more in the future. Who knows, JET2 may also become the new name for Channel Express? Either way I am sure it is going to be big and a success.

galley-wench22
12th Jun 2004, 21:05
You could at least give us a clue. Can't tell us all something like that and get away with it??

Wheres your information from?

Flightrider
12th Jun 2004, 21:50
Still, it should be good fun watching Jet2 and bmibaby slugging it out at Leeds from this winter....

galley-wench22
13th Jun 2004, 16:32
BMIbaby at LBA?? Since when?

Flightrider
13th Jun 2004, 16:49
Bmi strategy - watch out for this one coming. You have a route which is performing well - Leeds-Edi with four daily Embraer services.

First, you cut the frequency to three per day and stick a Fokker 100 on it. Might not be the worst thing in the world.

You then get rid of your Fokker 100 and another round of corporate brain-racking commences.

Some bright spark decides that passenger numbers on the route are so strong that it will justify a bmibaby 737 twice daily (i.e. further frequency cut). Just to make sure it's a total cockup, you stick a Malaga rotation from Leeds in between the two Edinburgh flights so that the evening service is now far too late for the business traveller and given their punctuality record at the moment, you probably won't even manage to run it on time.

This seems to be the way that things are heading from October for LBA-EDI. Not content with wrecking a decent operation at East Midlands with good reliability and high frequencies to attract the business traveller, they now look to be starting on Leeds. Baby might be doing OK on routes to Spain etc, but the formula of low frequencies and big aircraft on the domestic routes has been one of the greatest cock-ups since the crucifixion.

Wizzy the Wizz
14th Jun 2004, 23:03
Flightrider - I have it on lets say, very good authority that bmibaby are making serious plans for an entry into LBA. It's their next base in the draft next phase plans.

They've seen Jet2 doing well and are game for a competition - I think they are worried about Jet2 expanding into bmi space, and also looking at stuff nearer to EMA.

Apparently 1 737 as you say to start with, then other routes starting later in the year. (October for AGP by the way).

HOODED
15th Jun 2004, 05:57
They're too late Jet2 have just jumped on to the CDG in competition with BMI. Another 737 based at LBA! Where on earth are they going to park it?

Lucky Strike
15th Jun 2004, 10:07
On BMI's lawn by the sound of it..

Tommyinyork
15th Jun 2004, 13:53
Wasnt there talk of Easyjet at LBA doing a Belfast flight.
Give it a few years and JET2 will be bigger than Ryanair and Easyjet.