PDA

View Full Version : Renewing Ryanair debate: interview

Mach trim
8th Jun 2004, 11:03
Having read a number of the posts.

Could someone who has actually been through the process and works for or has worked for Ryanair respone to this question please.

What is the interview process through GECAT and Declan Dooney actually like ?

Has it been worth it for you, to pay all this money on the self sponsored scheme ?

What could you tell me about the GECAT profile ?

Thanks in advance.

learjet35
9th Jun 2004, 11:04
Hi there !

I heard Declan Dooney left for ... Emirates or Qatar ?

Philippe

FlyingIrishman
9th Jun 2004, 18:08
No he's still with us and not leaving until September. You're right that he's going to warmer climates but within Europe and heading for quite a drastic change of career.

oskar
9th Jun 2004, 18:18
Hi there,
does anyone know what industry declan is goin into and why is he leaving his position in ryanair, is there something more involved as i heard he is a good guy.

trainer too 2
10th Jun 2004, 13:11
What is the interview process through GECAT and Declan Dooney actually like ?

Straight forward, he knows how to put you at ease from the start. Presentation and personal interview to see whether you have the spirit and are aware it is hard work

Has it been worth it for you, to pay all this money on the self sponsored scheme ?

to get me where I am yes, great experience and having a lot of NG time is great when applying some where else. Being fed up and tired by all the rostering things and most people on my base are looking outside.

What could you tell me about the GECAT profile ?

Straight forward, do not really prepar for a specific profile as the instructors change, the sim changes and profiles change. They will look at your MCC skill a lot though

Have you already been selected for interview??

Mach trim
10th Jun 2004, 17:12
Thanks trainer too 2.

Yes, I have been selected for an interview.

Do you know if it is hard to get Gerona as a base. Is it a popular base ?

Big Haboobs
10th Jun 2004, 20:52
So how exactly do you go about getting an interview?

Is it just a case of applying to one of the TRTOs and sitting on your hands and waiting?

joe
11th Jun 2004, 05:33
Mach Trim,

Is your interview for the Low houred cadet TRSS with Gecat/Ryanair?.

If so when is your interview.

I was under the impression that Gecat had filled their quota for the year, but that there were still some recruits required by Ryanair. (Via the other TRTO'S).

Can you shed any light on this.

Good luck

Joe

trainer too 2
11th Jun 2004, 09:25
BH, just apply to all TRTO's as they all pre-select independent and yes: sit and wait...

The changes to be called are as small as with any other airline as they only select pilots they plan to hire contrary to some rumours going around...