PDA

View Full Version : Work for FAA pilot in Europa/Asia ?

mattpilot
8th Jun 2004, 05:57
I know an instructor who has some 5000 hours mostly in singles and about 500 in small multies - all instructing. I believe he also has some 200 hours in the KingAir sim - also instructing.

The problem is he is sick of instructing (after 4+ years) and would like to move on to something bigger. While i dont think he would have a problem getting a job at a regional airline, he simply can't live with a 20k USD per year paycheck since he has a wife + 2 kids to feed.

So now he's looking to go abroad and get some experience there, so he would then better qualify for a higher paying job in the US. He's got an offer from China Airlines for 50k/year for 3-5 years + type rating paid. Question here though is if this is a good offer (work conditions at the airline). If anybody has some advice about this airline, please post.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any airlines in europe that this instructor could try to work for? Or perhaps a little higher paying jobs in the US someone might know of?

Thanks in advance!

varigflier
9th Jun 2004, 22:02
If he can get a job in Asia, he would be better off than some regional in the US. If he qualifies he should apply for it. As for China Airlines, I have heard good things and bad things but mostly good things. Do a search on the Far East forum and you will get lots of info on it. I hope this helps.