PDA

View Full Version : The next step?

Who'stheDaddy
8th Jun 2004, 00:41
I have finally taken the plunge and moved to management. I havent been a PPRuNe member for too long but it has been invaluable to me since!

There have been a few names that have cropped up with many a valuable point of view. I am asking them and any new faces for advice to stop me being what we have all complained about-bad management!!!!!!

From my humble beginnings outside the industry thru ramp, customer service, load control (both ground dispatch and CLP), operations - flight planning and crewing.

I have been fortunate to meet and learn from exceptional individuals (and those inevitable w*****s you meet along the way!!! - Thank-you :ok: and good bye:{

phoenix son
8th Jun 2004, 08:54
Why does becoming management force your resignation from PPrune??? You can do both at the same time you know!

PHX

bacardi walla
8th Jun 2004, 17:19
er, where are you now and why stop with Pprune ??

dada
9th Jun 2004, 05:07
management as what. remember, i'm the dada

Big Tudor
9th Jun 2004, 08:54
Been there WTD. Best advise I can give you is listen to yerself. If you start sounding like a management walla then stop. It's very easy to get into talking the talk, but if you can't walk the walk then you'll be found out soon enough.

B777FD
9th Jun 2004, 12:36
I've read the post several times - where does WTD say he is quitting pprune? He's just asking for advice - which mine is be firm but fair with staff. Also fight their corner - there's no respect for a spineless boss beleive me:*

bladums
9th Jun 2004, 13:43
WTD

I have worked with you in the past both in this country and over in Holland!

Just be yourself as you always have been, and do not turn into a valerie! thats the best advice!

Take a leaf out of our old Ops manager's book, and you will be fine!

See ya in six months buddy!

P.s you and Brian still going strong?

Who'stheDaddy
10th Jun 2004, 18:19
Thanks for the advice,

Bladums you were always a very funny man -:mad:

Not retiring the ":{" was that i'm sad to be moving from Ops.
Didnt mean for it to sound like an epitaph My job involves overseas management.

WTD