PDA

View Full Version : 10 June 04 maps and charts

Creampuff
7th Jun 2004, 23:50
Those of you who follow the quaint practice of using paper maps and charts and keeping them up to date, might be wondering what you’re going to do on 10 June 04 when the current Australian charts expire.

Had a quick look at AIP SUP, AICs and HO NOTAMS today – not a word about any problem with the 10 June 04 edition.

So methinks: I’ve inadvertently let my subscription lapse.

So I go to the AA website, to get the number of the pubs unit. I then stumble across this gem:**Important Aviation Information**

There is a continuing review of airspace arrangements being conducted by Airservices Australia, the national air traffic control operation

This review has not been completed and as a result, the edition of charts expected for June 2004, have been deferred.

Any customer who has a deteriorating chart which needs replacing, should contact the Publications Unit and purchase a replacement chart in the usual manner. I thought there nothing left to appal me about the 3rd world circus that is airspace management in Australia. But, I stand corrected.

A purported extension of the validity of charts is announced, not by NOTAM, not by AIP Supp or AIC, but by a note on AA’s website.

You have got to be joking.

No really: you have got to be joking Australia.

No, I’m really serious about this Australia: you have got to be joking.

endomorph
8th Jun 2004, 00:33
Me thinks you cannot read!- Only joking

Head Office Notam
C71/04
THE EDITION OF AIP MAP EXPECTED TO BE ISSUED IN JUNE HAS BEEN
DEFFERED.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE CONTINUE TO USE THE EDITION OF CHARTS DATED 27
NOVEMBER 2003.
PUBLICATIONS WILL MAIL TO THEIR SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMERS ADVICE
REGARDING THE PRESERVATION OF CUSTOMER PAYMENTS
FROM 05 120507 TO 09 210200 EST

Creampuff
8th Jun 2004, 00:49
Welcome aboard endomorph.

Assuming I can’t read or I’m asking for the wrong thing, and assuming the NOTAM has been issued, I stand corrected.

However, I’ve just ordered HO NOTAMs again, and I still can’t find any reference to the extension, much less C71/04.

POST SCRIPT:

The mystery is solved – the third party ordering system I used didn’t get HO NOTAM, notwithstanding a tick in that box. The problem has been rectified.

I apologise for stating that no NOTAM had been issued.

I revise my assessment of airspace management in Australia from “three-ringed circus” to “two-and-a-half-ringed circus”.

Now the more important question: when will “the review” be completed?

Icarus2001
8th Jun 2004, 08:05
Are we taking any bets on whether the low level "G" frequency boundaries reappear on the charts?:rolleyes:

Woomera
8th Jun 2004, 08:09
:8