PDA

View Full Version : VS Pay?

Damo29
7th Jun 2004, 17:37
Hi,

I recently applied to become a cabin crew member with Virgin Atlantic. I was called to interview and got through the group stuff but then fluffed up the math’s test :(

They said that I could re apply after 10 weeks. That was a few months ago now but I'm taking some time out to complete a math’s course before I reapply.

I really want to work for Virgin but I do have one concern... the wages.

At the interview they did run through the pay and perks but they were a bit vague about monthly take home.

Currently I take home £1,600 a month. I know that I wouldn't get that much as a junior flight attendant but I was wondering how much seniors and supervisors would take home.

I'd really appreciate any info.

Thanks

Damo29
7th Jun 2004, 21:30
oh yeah almost forgot.....do you enjoy working for Virgin. I think It would be great but would love to hear that from people actually doing it. If you don't enjoy it then I would be interested to know why.

Damo29
8th Jun 2004, 20:22
C'mon guys. I know there has to be some virgin staff out there :)

I would really value any info re wages or just your feelings about working for Virgin. I was really nervous about the interview but It was great. I’m in a management job at the moment, which I hate. It was so nice to feel like part of a team again, and all the other candidates were so nice.

There were 27 of us but they only selected three. I don't know why they chose us as a pose to any of the others, I think everyone would have been great.

I knew there and then that I wanted the job but my math’s let me down. I was really upset, beat my self up about in all the way home :)

I know that the job isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes but as a beleaguered manager I just think that working in a team again would be great. Is it or am I deluding myself?

C'mon throw me a bone here :)

pollypocket36
9th Jun 2004, 10:23
Hey there, I've sent you a private message.

dickyflys
9th Jun 2004, 19:20
Expect nearly a 50% reduction in your take home pay then!
Virgin love to tell you about the £5000 per year you will take home in additional allowances. Remember that these are provided for subsistence down route and are currently vastly reduced by the strong pound if you plan to bring any dollars home.

Probably why they didn't want you to pass the maths test!

I'd stay where you are, it's not worth paying to work for Virgin.

High as a Kite
13th Jun 2004, 21:29
Damo29, I've sent you a private message.........

VSFlightAttd
14th Jun 2004, 09:46
Hi,

I am a Flight Service Manager, (formally known as Inflight Supervisor)!

Basic £21,200 but with eveything rolled in the company will quote £28,000 pa to a mortgage company.

Morale is better at the mo, allowances just gone up to most destinations and tax free and lots of routes coming up!

Promotion is good too, they have just asked for applications to purser from seniors who have only been in the rank 18 mths so its moving fast again.

The new onboard management scheme starts in July and this will make it easier for decent people (with some life experience elsewhere) to gain faster promotion. It will be possible to be just six months in each rank if you are outstanding.

Cheers