PDA

View Full Version : Nz

ROCKSTEADY
7th Jun 2004, 11:41
Hi guys,

Any Sunair pilots here???

I might have an interview comming up soon..... Need some info please!!

Thanks a bundle.:}

Sqwark2004
7th Jun 2004, 19:59
Why on Earth would you want to work for Bumair?

There are heaps of Dumair pilots on this site (both current and ex) but none are going to admit it.

All you need to know about this company is that they have 6 Aztecs (5 are on line), but only 1 is airworthy. The boss does everything and the rest of the staff are just there to make up the numbers when CAA come to look.

ROCKSTEADY
8th Jun 2004, 01:09
My bum is abit itchy....Need to scratch it!!

splatgothebugs
8th Jun 2004, 02:47
Squawk4k,

Now I can see why you don't have a job in a twin..................................... an attitude like that and you will go nowhere.

Sunair,

Yes I worked there and no it wasn't all that good but it got me where I am and lets face it no GA job is ideal.

the CONS

1. long duties when you get them 13 hours with travel time not included.
2. Boss who will do his best to push you into going, but appears to be getting better as the years go on.
3. Can get over staffed at times leaving very little flying, however thats not the case at the moment.
4. Pay is average, $100 per shift for part time and for "BASE CPTS" = $25K per year.
5. The aircraft are not always the best but unlike other GA operators they havent lost an engine due mechanical failure.

the PROS

1. Lots of flying when it comes meaning your not there long before you leave (maybe)
2. It preps you well for the future ATO experience ect
3. You get to fly the mighty AZTEC
4. Its character buliding in more ways than one.

In short,

Know the basic IFR stuff and how to add and subtract, be a good bugger and you'll get a job as long as you keep pushing them.

splat :ok:

Don Won
8th Jun 2004, 08:43
Gentelmen, lest we forget our roots, sure SAV is no CX then agian neither is any of the other GA operaters, but has some big advantages over the other's, if ya don't like it don't apply or quit it's easy :rolleyes:
Just make your way through GA with someone else like an aero club or flying school :mad: that!
I'm sure that the guy's at SAV won't lose any sleep

ZK-NSN
12th Jun 2004, 01:44
Good old G.A...if it does'nt kill you it will only make you stronger.:ok: