PDA

View Full Version : WinXP blue screen / repeated serious errors

7th Jun 2004, 11:17
I’m running Win XP on an Axus A7A motherboard with an Athlon 650 processor. I’m regularly getting ‘serious error’ messages and sometimes even the dreaded blue screen (that doesn’t remain long enough for me to read before the computer re-boots.

One message I glimpsed on the blue screen was check ‘your BIOS’. I’ve re-installed the latest BIOS update and that hasn’t fixed the problem.

When I get the serious error message, I get a variety of messages, but these are the last two, which would seem to indicate to my untrained eye that the same piece of hardware (or software?) is the problem.

Looking through the SYSTEM on Control Panel, all applications are showing as working Ok with no conflicts. I run two HDs, a DVD writer, a DVD reader, a printer and a scanner as well as a USB digital camera reader with 768mb RAM.

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00000106 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F75F5B01 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

BCCode : d0 BCP1 : 00090028 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 8053295F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Unfortunately this means little to me. Would someone be able to de-cipher it and tell if the problem is driver / software / hardware related?

Thanks in advance.

Lost_luggage34
7th Jun 2004, 11:34
Has any of the hardware you listed in the PC spec been recently added/changed ?

I suspect a hardware/driver conflict. No expert on XP but my inklings lead me to that.

Do you know what BIOS version you are running ?

It's a simple procedure to reflash the BIOS if there is a later version.

From your posting, seems like the PC boots OK and this occurs during normal use ?

Certainly worth a BIOS reset if you are confident to open the case and either move a jumper over or remove the MB battery.

Just filling in (rather badly) until Richard logs on !

Naples Air Center, Inc.
7th Jun 2004, 15:16

Resetting the CMOS for the BIOS would be a good start.

Also I would disconnect the USB card reader. Do you have any other USB devices connected to the computer? (I would remove any USB Devices short of your Mouse and Keyboard if they are connected via USB.)

I you could, please list all your IRQs and every device on each IRQ. (You can find it by going Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager >> View >> Resources by Connection >> IRQ) then just copy that information into a post.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Lost_luggage34 well done. :ok: