PDA

View Full Version : Turbomeca Cycle Counts

Brian Abraham
7th Jun 2004, 07:47
Pruners,
We operate the 76C and as an economic measure the company ask that all approaches be made with the N1 above 80% as the cycle count is only .05. Going below 80% increases the count to .1
Does anyone else out there follow this type of procedure. I am guessing as Squirrels and others have the Turbomeca they may have addressed this issue.

Blue Skies, Brian

peter manktelow
7th Jun 2004, 09:11
G'day Brian...just been doing a heap of A++ (1S1) ground schools and hope I have not confused the guys too much with the cycle count. They are all ex A model or C+ (not required) so are not impressed with having to do this calculation.

Anyhow we are teaching the same as you. CHC International was doing the same when I was them back in 1997. K2 was kept above 80% to score the 0.05 but as I recall , it was more for convenience than saving cycles ie all we had to then do was multiply the landings by 0.05 to arrive at the total K2 value.

Pain in the neck but as I have tried to impress on the guys here, if you dont do it properly , it will cost in the long run.

all the best

Peter

PS: You must also be getting close to hanging up the headset for good. I reckon I will give it another couple of years then it is time to call it quits.

SICKorSKI
7th Jun 2004, 15:20
Check with your LAME's,

I belive you have to be doiing at least 10 cycles an hour to hit your cycle limit before the hour limit on the Engine.

The arriel 1 has a 3000 Hour O/H.

I have never seen a engine in A S-76 cycle out before hour limit has been reached.
I have seen a As-350 hit it doinng repetative heavy lifts.

Our pilots our recording whatever they use be it .05 or .1.

Cheers

:ok:

RoamingCyclic
7th Jun 2004, 15:27
Thanks God for Cycle Counters! Sure makes life more simple and keeps the engineers of our backs!:cool: