PDA

View Full Version : Air Malta.pay/conditions/uk Management

towers00
6th Jun 2004, 23:47
I would like to comment on the uk operations of Air Malta,with regards to the heading.to those who are looking for an ailine career.especially those flying for the 1st time.
pay-VERY LOW,compared to either CHARTER/SCHEDULE/LOW BUDGET.£8500 basic.expect to take home £800.00 sterling,if you have flights(*must lick ass with UKmanagement*),hence not Air Malta Management.
UK Management on bucket loads tax free,even our base manager on basic and allowances(even though the person doesnt fly)and on an distubance allowance.(however contact number never switched on)£500.00)for the prievalage.
Managers lining there own pockets,if you understand what we are saying!!!cabin crew salary reduced,to compensate there pockets.
CONDITIONS-
JUST EXPEIRENCE THE NIGHTMARE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT US CABIN CREW ARE GOING THROUGH......IF YOU DARE
are you an AIR MALTA UK cabin crew operator...
your comments are appreciated..

KMUK2004
13th Jun 2004, 16:10
BEFORE I START I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT, THAT FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN, AIR MALTA OPERATIONS WITHIN MALTA ARE VERY GOOD AND VERY WELL MANAGED, IT IS A GREAT SHAME THAT THE UNITED KINGDOM OPERATION CANNOT LIVE UP TO ITS PARENT.

I MYSELF WORK FOR AIR MALTA U.K OPERATION. I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED TO GET A JOB WITH AIR MALTA, AS THEY ARE A NATIONAL CARRIER WITH AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION.
I DID MY TRAINING IN MALTA AND I MUST POINT OUT THAT I WAS TRAINED BY AN EXTREMELY COMPETENT TRAINING TEAM WITH A WEALTH OF EXPERIENCE - THANK YOU.

AIR MALTA OPERATE A TOTAL NON-SMOKING POLICY FOR CUSTOMERS AND CREW ALIKE, OR SO YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!. ON A RECENT FLIGHT THE PURSER IN CHARGE, TO MY UTTER DISMAY CAME INTO THE REAR GALLEY AND LIT UP A CIGARETTE! I WAS AMAZED BY WHAT I WAS GOING ON RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES, AS WERE THE REST OF THE CREW. THIS WAS REPEATED THREE MORE TIMES ON THE OUTBOUND SECTOR AN AGAIN ON THE INBOUND SECTOR!.
AS SOON AS I RETURNED I FILLED OUT A FLIGHT SAFETY REPORT AND ALERTED THE MANAGER AS TO WHAT HAD JUST OCCURRED, I THEN FOUND OUT THAT I WAS NOT THE FIRST TO LODGE SUCH A COMPLAINT. I WAS ASSURED BY THE MANAGEMENT THAT SEVERE ACTION WOULD BE TAKEN.

THE PURSER IN QUESTION WAS GIVEN A VERBAL WARNING, NOW PLEASE DO CORRECT ME IF YOU THINK THAT I AM WRONG, BUT SURELY THIS TOTAL DISREGARD FOR SAFETY OF THE PASSENGERS THE CREW AND THE AIRCRAFT REQUIRES MORE THAN JUST A VERBAL WARNING!.
IF THIS HAD OCCURRED AT A UK AIRLINE, YOU WOULD NO LONGER HAVE A JOB AND RIGHTLY SO!. I DO NOT THINK THAT THIS MATTER HAS EVER REACHED THE MALTESE MANAGEMENT, IF HAD DONE I AM SURE THAT THIS PERSON WOULD NO LONGER BE WORKING FOR AIR MALTA.
I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT JAR OPS, BUT I DO KNOW THAT IT DOES NOT PERMIT SUBCRIBER AIRLINES CREW TO SMOKE ONBOARD AN AIRCRAFT FULL OF PASSENGERS{IF I AM WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW} IT WOULD BE INTERSTING TO SEE WHAT RULES ARE IN PLACE TO GOVERN FOREIGN AIRLINES OPERATING OUT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, FOR INSTANCE DO THE CAA HAVE A SAY IN THESE MATTERS?.
I HOPE THAT ALL THE RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE OUT THERE ON PPRUNE WILL AGREE WITH ME IN SAYING THAT THIS IS A PRETTY POOR SHOW FOR A NATIONAL AIRLINE BRAND NEW TO THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE UNITED KINGDOM!

I FEEL EXTREMELY UPSET AND LET DOWN BY THIS AIRLINE THAT I JOINED IN GOOD FAITH AND SO DO MANY OTHERS, UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE TO AFRAID TO SPEAK UP, SO I AM DOING IT FOR THEM. "TO MANY GOOD PEOPLE DO NOT SAY ENOUGH"

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST AND IF ANYBODY DOES HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON WHERE TO REPORT SUCH AN INCIDENT AND WHERE JAR AND CAA COME INTO THE EQUASION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

A GREAT SHAME :sad: :confused:

Jetset320
22nd Jun 2004, 13:07
towers00

I find your thread quite silly. First off, why on earth did you join? You knew exactly what's on offer.....as well as what's around.

You only mentioned your basic pay. You didn't mention your sector allowance (some £20 a sector) which can add up to £400/£500 a month with 10/12 flights a month, most of which can rendered tax free (HINT: The trick is not to take too much sick leave though!!) . What about your flying allowance?

Regarding the UK Management, I dare you to call your Manager in the dead of night and see if she'll pick up the phone. Further, I myself flew with her TWICE last month.

With your conspiracy theories, you're talking from your @ss my friend!

KMUK2004

I happen to know of the incident in question. However :

FACT: Smoking is against Air Malta policy.

FACT: The Captain reported the incident.

FACT: Air Malta reprimanded the purser (Warning).

Air Malta, and the duty Captain have done their part (and so have you) and as far as I know the incident has not been repeated.

It seems however that KMUK2004 is after blood, and that it's also a FACT that there is an unhealthy animostity towards the (English) purser involved.

My suggestion is to calm down, do your job properly and diligently, and if necessary report the individual again should he persist, though with just 6 crews at your station, trying to work things out wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

Trolleydolley
30th Jun 2004, 14:22
God do things ever change. Why not concentrate on your job and leave the big boys to report each other. Why is it junior people stick their noses into everything or is it just a bit about BROWN NOSING - or if you dont know what that means let me explain - its so far up someones arse its a little on the brown side.
It does not get you any where reprting someone just your name on managements list of little backstabbers. So just do your job and turn a blind eye to what you see. As long as your a good cabin crew member.

MissApproach
14th Jan 2006, 21:53
God do things ever change. Why not concentrate on your job and leave the big boys to report each other. Why is it junior people stick their noses into everything or is it just a bit about BROWN NOSING - or if you dont know what that means let me explain - its so far up someones arse its a little on the brown side.
It does not get you any where reprting someone just your name on managements list of little backstabbers. So just do your job and turn a blind eye to what you see. As long as your a good cabin crew member.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/forums/report.php?p=1409861) I can't comment on everything here as I'm not working for the company and don't know the people involved. BUT I would like to point out (as experienced and senior cabin crew myself) that it is poor CRM to discourage junior cabin crew to report incidents. They have as much right as anyone! And to tell them to turn a blind eye to what they see!?! No way!!! I would have respect for someone who isn't afraid to speak up. ESPECIALLY where safety is concerned!
Whoops....I've just noticed the date of the previous post! Doh!!

selgnirp erom emos
25th Jan 2006, 00:35
It is very strange that you should in fact be posting anything about air malta. Do you have an extra grand?! When you mean blind eye, who is turning it?

Senior??

Junior??

Is there a rank problem with you, sunnysuexxx

You seem to know a great deal.......

and you don't work for the company?

Speak out, or hush up yourself.

Happy Flying ......Sexy Su xxx, Toodloo!!!

DELTABOY
25th Jan 2006, 14:34
My word if the main crew members are on £8500 basic what are the pursers on?? Out of interest are they looking for alot of new crew, i saw an advert looking for crew based out of bristol starting in march. is it a friendly outfit to work for & is it working flat out & call outs on every s/by? My mates girlfriend lives in somerset & shes not sure if she should go for them or first choice!:confused:

girtbar
25th Jan 2006, 23:36
IB16UK i dont think you are the most qualified to say that statement, what makes them a not a real airline? Do you work for them?????

TrolleyDolly i hope i never have the bad luck to have you onboard as one of my crew. Not only is that crew member smoking thus breaking the law, its risking the jobs of all the crew watching them smoke too, by turning a blind eye to it. (i wouldnt say that it is a huge risk to pax/aircraft saftey as i know the crew member isnt going to throw it lit into a bin, but stranger things have been known to happen and you aint supposed to be doing it anyway).

So what next, the crew member is incapacitated snorting cocanie in the galley but its a senior we'll just say nothing? If any junior saw something that was not SOP or putting crew, pax, a/c in danger i sure hope to hell they speak up. I would never live with myself if i turned a blind eye to something that injured or killed someone just because i was worried it looked like "brown nosing". It would also land you in jail if criminal charges were brought due to your negligence by turning such a blind eye.

Flight Deck must really wonder what twisted and bitter power tripping idiots they have on the other side of that door.

I've seen stupid but this takes the the complete cream cracker!

Get real, and take a professional grip of your job!