PDA

View Full Version : Five Military Jets up High

Row 12F
6th Jun 2004, 16:50
Does anyone have any information on jets that flew in a formation of five at some height over Sussex at 16:40 today? Flying due North and at great speed they each left a double contrail and the sound came much later as rolling thunder. Expect they were from D Day fly pasts or whatever, but it is very unusual to see any formation flying at height in these parts. A lovely sight but intriguing as to type and reason etc.

Row 12F

Jordan D
7th Jun 2004, 09:51
Sussex - if my Geography serves me correct (I'm doing it at Uni, but hey we don't look at UK maps!) - its on the south coast, in which case they probably were preparing to fly across the channel for the dignatiries at Armanches. 16.40 sounds about the right time for that.

Jordan

monkeyboy
7th Jun 2004, 10:02
Jordan, they were pointing the wrong way if they were!

;)

Harrier46
7th Jun 2004, 10:19
No idea on your sighting but just had 4 x USAF Globemasters in (loose) formation heading north over SAM at F120 to Brize. They were definitely coming back from the D-Day celebrations.

Lost_luggage34
7th Jun 2004, 10:28
Flying due North

if my Geography serves me correct (I'm doing it at Uni, but hey we don't look at UK maps!) - its on the south coast, in which case they probably were preparing to fly across the channel

Ah - University education ! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist - tongue in cheek reply, no malice intended.

Bagso
7th Jun 2004, 16:53
They were 5 Lakenheath F15 Eagles returning from D-day fpast...

Panther Flight of 5

Row 12F
9th Jun 2004, 09:10
Thanks, Bagso.

Glad they knew North from South.