PDA

View Full Version : Cathay 2nd Officer

Ropey Pilot
6th Jun 2004, 11:22
Just read the Hiring in Hong Kong posts in the wannabe section and it makes pretty scary reading!

I did notice that this was written pre 9/11 and when Hong Kong was still British! Just after some gen as to whether what is written is still reasonably accurate or if situation is better/worse.

Also it does mention that (like other airlines) they have an unpublished max age for 2nd officers - am I wasting the copper on my PC's connections emailing them CVs at the tender age of 31?

Any feedback would be appreciated as I would hate to get the job, move round the world (without Mrs Ropey - at least initially) and find myself in poverty withaout even being able to log the heavy hours flown in my shiny JAA logbook.:{

Cheers RP:ok:

Maxpowerhome
6th Jun 2004, 15:08
Ropey pilot.
Now i come to think of it, I understand that the article is being conservative about what to expect, but i thought that the article saw negetively about hk

, i found serviced appartments for about 15000HK, and cathay pay for most of this.
You get good time off, your building heavy time, and your with a good bunch of pilots.

It also depends where your coming from.

Lets say your flying a citation on $85000 us a year, and home alot to see your family, then you may think cathay isn't for you.
If you see cathay as a step up, then go for it.

I'll let you know how i went if you like, what to expect etc.

Ropey Pilot
7th Jun 2004, 12:49
Maxpowerhome,

Thanks for replying - well done on getting an interview!:D

Looking at the threads in the fragrant harbour wannabe section (where this was moved to - I never knew it existed, never scrolled down that far!) I think I am being a bit premature expecting a reply - never mind a sniff of an interview:{

If, however, by some miracle I get a call I would me most grateful for the info - in the meantime I would worry more about your own prep and I'll continue applying for jobs flying rubber dog poo out of Skegness. (Ironic that quote from Top Gun really, as flying out of Hong Kong is pretty close to my dream job:) )

Cheers RP

:ok:

HEALY
8th Jun 2004, 07:36
Any indications on when Direct entry SO interviews in Australia are likely?