PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone spare me an hour or so?

ukeng
6th Jun 2004, 04:33
Just as a bit of background - i'm an Avionic fixed wing engineer with current CAA Licences. These are in the next 18 months or so about to become defunct as EASA takes over and the JAR 66 Licence is required instead.
I'm trying to convert at the moment by taking some conversion exams at the CAA's pleasure.

Anyway, for some reason Helicopter aerodynamics and autopilots were bundled into the new Avoinic all in one licence and I really need some help. I've done the short course at Oxford but having no experience on Helicopters practically I could really use someone showing me round the various parts and if possible the autoflight controls on a larger machine.

If anyone's concerned about this lack of practical experience please don't - the licence will be restricted to prevent me working on Helicopters without further hands on experience but by some quirk or Euro land I still have to take the exam to convert :*

Right, if anyone can help out here even if just for half an hour or so i'd really appreciate it. I'm South East England based but can get myself virtually anywhere if need be. Failing any help, if anyone has any contacts they might think useful for this request i'd be glad to hear of them.

Thanks in advance, PM or Email me if you don't want to post up on the forum.

Cheers, Andy

Autorotate
6th Jun 2004, 07:41
Maybe you could try calling Stephen Tierney or Robin Renton at Air Harrods. They seem to be very accommodating people. Just one avenue to try. Hope it helps.

Ned

jumpseater
6th Jun 2004, 10:43
Signature at Denham
CAbair at Elstree

Hilico
6th Jun 2004, 10:52
Please pardon my ignorance, but this all-in-one JAA avionics qualification requires you to study helicopters as well, but results in a licence that says you can't work on them, is that it?

If that's so, then I must have missed the storm of protest against such nonsense. Please tell me I'm wrong.

ukeng
6th Jun 2004, 21:07
Thanks for the replies people, i'll make some calls this week. That's exactly the kind of info I was after.

As for Hilico, if you've ever had dealings with the CAA and the like you'll know appeals for common sense where licencing is involved are rarely acted upon :rolleyes:
One word says it all "Europe" :)

p.s. It only prevents me working on them until I gain sufficient practical experience but despite the fact I probably won't ever need it I still have to study for it....