PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam

Synthetic
5th Jun 2004, 22:53
Ladies and Gentlemen

Please could I ask you to take a moment to remember all who were involved in D day. To those who gave their all that we may be as we are,

We will remember them.

polyglory
6th Jun 2004, 06:03
They will not be forgotten

Lest We Forget

airborne_artist
6th Jun 2004, 09:40
The father of a friend of mine was trained by the RAF in the USA in 1941/42.

I asked him where he was on D-Day -

"In a Spitfire over Sword Beach" came the reply....

What a star.

Im Lost
6th Jun 2004, 10:51
I have just spent the last few hours glued to the television with the the family. Truly amazing - we really have no idea do we and society has changed so much in 60 years.

My heart goes out to those that travelled the distance to be with their fallen friends and collegues, my mind remembers those that did sacrifice so much and and for once I will say well done to Prime Minister Blair the Secretary of State for Defence, whom I thought did make a sincere effort to walk and listen to the men and women that were involved in the Op 60 years ago.

However, it goes without saying that Her Majesty the Queen yet again served the country superbly and made one feel honoured to be British.

I also felt that the BBC made a good effort at communicating the event to all ages. My children were enthralled by the commentary and pictures and are now full of sensible questions - which makes a change. It is their generation that now have to take the same spirit, ethos and sense of loyalty forward.

Thank you and I do enjoy and appreciate the freedom of thought and voice.

Scud-U-Like
6th Jun 2004, 22:12
I agree. The whole commemoration was carried off with great style and dignity. I too think the (much PPRune-maligned) BBC did a very fine job.

Jordan D
7th Jun 2004, 09:42
Couldn't get to a TV yesterday, as I spent it revising for Uni exams, but watched it all on BBC's online Webfootage. Well done to them for some superb coverage.

But most of all, Lest us never forget what those men did 60 years ago in changing the course of history.

Jordan

Tartan Giant
8th Jun 2004, 21:03
There are not enough words to say how much we owe these men whom we honour each D-Day.

The 60th Anniversary was very special, and I had more than a lump in my throat at times, whilst I watched the superb T/V coverage during the day.

I will remember them - forever in their debt. Heroes all.

Not forgetting those who helped "behind the scenes" too - they may not have been on the beaches, but their efforts helped those who were.

Greatest respect.

TG