PDA

View Full Version : VC10 at EDI

Jordan D
5th Jun 2004, 10:11
Any one else seen the VC10 at EDI (I saw it last Thurs). Any reason for it being there?

Jordan

Oshkosh George
7th Jun 2004, 14:53
Possibly needed to drop-off or pick up something?

What a stupid question!

(Sorry------couldn't resist it!)

SQUAWKIDENT
7th Jun 2004, 15:40
That's a pity - my first foray into "Spotters Corner" (honestly guv!) and as usual there are rude and pointless replies to honest questions!

The VC-10 is a gorgeous looking aircraft and I for one WOULD be interested to know what it was doing there (no need for reg - left that behind yonks ago;)

SQUAWKIDENT

BOAC
7th Jun 2004, 18:34
Oshkosh - at least you had the grace to apologise! Equally it could have diverted from Leuchars?

Admittedly Jordan could have phrased the question better, but this IS 'Spotters' Corner' as Danny has decreed it shall be. I think YOU are in the wrong forum.

Do I take it that no-one knows the reason for the visit of this (for Edinburgh) unusual aircraft?

Jordan - do not be disheartened.

Oshkosh George
7th Jun 2004, 22:27
OK,big big apology!

I am an ex reggie person too,and I love VC10s with all my heart!
I just felt the urge!

I do know that Leuchars are in the middle of a large CQWI exercise,34 aircraft stream launches and recoveries. Tucanos also used Dundee today,because of this.

Am I forgiven? Pretty please?

BOAC
8th Jun 2004, 18:55
Oh! Oshkosh - OK just this once:D
I just felt the urge! What can I say?

34 aircraft stream launches Have we still got that many?:p

simfly
8th Jun 2004, 20:12
A mate of mine was on said VC-10. Bringing back marines from Arbroath from their recent duties. They regularly use EDI over Leuchers, not sure why though.

Reichman
8th Jun 2004, 22:16
Passenger handling and/or proximity of onward destination.

Reichman

Oshkosh George
9th Jun 2004, 02:25
Well Leuchars is closer to Arbroath!

Couuld it be because EDI has on station Customs facilities? And baggage handlers?

lasernigel
9th Jun 2004, 12:11
Heard a rumour not confirmed that walking wounded from Iraq being admitted to hospitals up there.But don't quote me.

ArcticTurn
13th Jun 2004, 01:42
I have fond memories as a child watching the daily BOAC VC-10 on final for 32L at ORD. Would love to see a working one again. A beautiful aircraft.

AT

Pie Man
13th Jun 2004, 07:02
It may be that Leuchars could not provide the crash cover for a VC10 with lots of pax.

Pie

simfly
13th Jun 2004, 08:44
Was back from N.Ireland, not Iraq.

jonathang
15th Jun 2004, 00:20
Edinburgh is also Leuchars Diversion.

See alot divert in when LVP at Leuchars

Joe Curry
15th Jun 2004, 19:47
>>Do I take it that no-one knows the reason for the visit of this (for Edinburgh) unusual aircraft?<<

The VC10s are quite common at EDI, normally doing trooping flights.

This one being an example...

http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=57142