PDA

View Full Version : It is a small industry!

SASless
5th Jun 2004, 01:33
A few things happened this past week to remind me of how small a world we live in sometimes.

A dear friend from the Gulf of Mexico passed through town allowing Grandma to check up on the grand kids...gave them a nice tour of the aviation museum...let that old Cobra pilot sit in a Cobra...sat him in a fire fighting Huey...gathered up his Resume...talked of many things from years gone by. One story was about a Soloy powered Hiller 12E that went to the top of Mt. McKinley in Alaska for a rescue...my friend was there to see the flight happen. Walked him around to the hangar and showed him that very machine, now a very well used cedar hauler. He harkened to having met a very professional Designated Examiner in this area back when he did a CFI certificate ride...three days later that very same fellow visited the office by happenstance. Old friend from Nigeria called...and asked if I had seen the Gomer Git anytime lately...."yesterday" was my reply. Yesterday...while going through the mail in my new job...received my background reference material from my former emloyer...and as custodian for such records got to read my own reference material. It made for interesting reading...I knew the Chief Pilot and I were not the best of friends but sooth...to see a Counseling Slip (without the four page Rebuttal Statement it should have contained) was a bit of a laugh. The Wee Callow Fellow should have known I was going to be the wiser if he sent such a thing (after all he applied for the same job I now hold!) Being the careful bureaucrat that I am...I immediately requested a copy of the missing document and the HR department lady kindly faxed them to me to include with the counseling slip. At least now we have both sides of the story for the Boss Fellah to read. Shows to what lengths old friends will go to to stay in touch!;)

deeper
7th Jun 2004, 01:41
SASless,

It is a small world, but it is not a Soloy powered helicopter it is an Allison powered Soloy conversion. Soloy don't make engines.

Sorry.:{ :{ :ok: