PDA

View Full Version : Airspace Directorate

triadic
5th Jun 2004, 01:19
AIRSPACE DIRECTORATE advertises for new positions.

The proposed new airspace directorate, now formally called the Airspace and Environment Regulation Unit (AERU) has advertised in Fridays The Australian for 5 management positions. There is also an administrative position (well paid!) on the ASA web site.

It is understood the initial GM will be Ken McLean formally ASAs chief at Sydney.

Although the advertisement says the employer is ASA, it is understood that once the unit is established and various legislation passed, it will be "removed" from ASA and be part of DoTRS. I would suggest that the GM position may well change when that occurs (?).

The full terms of reference and tasking of the AERU will be of interest to many as numerous tasks that have been mentioned as being part of the new unit are not mentioned in the job descriptions.

The success of this unit will depend very largely on who ultimately fills theses positions and who the long term GM is - and of course what sort of direction it receives from ASA, DoTRS and of course the Minister......

When first proposed some years ago, the merits were significant however my concern is that it is now being formed with some "political" motivation which may prejudice the independence of the unit and compromise its functions. I hope not!

Time will tell.

"No known traffic" :ok: