PDA

View Full Version : Its CX time again!

Itswindyout
4th Jun 2004, 14:07
I hear on the grapevine that the infamous CX job in Germany is available again.....wonder why? Thats 3 pilots in the last 2 years I think...

:confused:

Bob Down
4th Jun 2004, 14:27
Jeez! Windy, if there was one person out there who could make a go of that godforsaken contract, it was the lady who was doing it!!!!

Sounds like even her magic touch was not good enough for that guy....what the hell does he expect!!

My advice to anyone would be, if asked to fly this particular Ce750, don't....it could save you a whole world of pain!

BD

Bumz_Rush
4th Jun 2004, 21:11
For those who are not aware --******-beyond all recognition.

It is the old case of more money than sense.

He employes an expert, with vast knowledge and esperience in corporate operations, and then miss used the expertise, never mind.

I suppose if you has so much money there is no need for professional respect and consideration.

I understand his contract is such that you are grabbed by the Ba$$s and can never escape the recurrent charges. More like blackmail, then a fair contract.

I suppose my deal is not much better, so perhaps I should shut up now.

Best of luck to whover the poor so$ is who take him on.

Bumz.

727 exec
5th Jun 2004, 12:55
Sorry to hear that news...I'm assuming that we're talking about the Owner/Driver one??

I was one of the referees for the Lady concerned - I really figured that she'd make it work although it wasn't going to be easy being a 'one man band' (ooops - you know what I mean!!).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

wondering
5th Jun 2004, 16:31
Are you talking about D-BLUE?

727 exec
5th Jun 2004, 23:30
No - it's on the Cayman/Bermudan/American I believe...

Itswindyout
6th Jun 2004, 08:42
Those of us who earn our crust by handholding owners, (who are often quite capable operators of the controls), are often placed in the position of doing all the work, and never flying, just doing all the dirty work. No glory. No time on type, but expected with the new FAA/JAA to have type rating, and never handling pilot. The CX bits yer bum big time.

In this position you are even expected to fill in his log book.......Flying is his bestest hobby...

Should anyone be tempted to apply, please PM me for an honest overview.

You will be locked into a system that is almost impossible to remove yourself from.....

Buyer beware.....

Formally Known As
6th Jun 2004, 09:44
Just all hang on a minute.

When this job was advertised, all the warnings were posted up then. What made the last person who took the job, think they were going to change things???

He's an owner pilot (master race) for :mad: sake, worst possible combination. So the so called experts who knew it all, that have been employed by him, have learnt something else. What made her think she was going to change all that??

Any "expert" worth their salt, wouldn't have touched job with a barge pole, in the first place, unless they were deperate.

Fair enough, if you don't like the job leave. There always 2 sides to a story.

727 exec
6th Jun 2004, 16:03
FKA...I think your comment regarding the nationality of the Owner/Driver is, at best, un-acceptable. I'd suggest you withdraw it immediately...

There are, as I've mentioned before, at least three sides to every aviation story - and hindsight is a wonderful and useless thing too!

Just because a particular opinion is written on a thread, does that instantly become 'FACT'...the only way it could be viewed? or does one take a second/third view? FKA accepts that there are two sides to a story, but only wants to listen to one side...

There were/are many people who would leap at a job on a Citation 750 (sorry FKA - can't do it on a SPL!), and many long-term Professional Pilots have found themselves in a job that they just cannot make work...it's not a crime, it's not a lack of professionalism - and in this situation, the Lady seems to have given it a good shot (about 2 years??).

Sorry that it didn't work out - maybe the perfect person for that Owner is around the corner...

Formally Known As
6th Jun 2004, 17:23
727 exc

I didn't specify a race, geographically.

Sorry to have to inform you, just because you read something in someone’s profile, on pprune, it is not necessarily fact. Suggest you practice what you preach.

I am as qualified as you, and would lay odds, for a damn while longer.

727 exec
6th Jun 2004, 21:52
OK - I admit it...I'm a new boy to this industry (only been in it 25 years now).

FACT - you cannot fly that CX on a SPL (even if they existed anymore...).

Still don't believe that your comment in brackets is really PC / acceptable nowadays...just my humble opinion.

727 exec - my profile really is me!

Enough - me thinks...

Itswindyout
6th Jun 2004, 22:16
Firstly I am 100% behind 727 exec...

FKA, I think you are out of place, so perhaps a toning down should be considered. After all today is a day to forgive and forget.

I have been involved in this "operation" in a devious way since day one-30.
The big difference is that the lady in question was hired due to her skills in management as much as in the cockpit.

Previous post holders have only been employed because they hold a minimum FAA licence.

Yes we all sounded warning horns at the time, and in my present existance I have almost exactly the same problems, and yes I do believe I have managed to instill some of what I hope are our professional methods into another slightly disorganised operation.

My purpose of this thread was to warn prospective candidates that all is not well in the state of *********.
Fill in your own blanks.

I did not intend a slagging off match between fellow professions.

Sorry 727 but I pre-date you by several years......

BBCapt
7th Jun 2004, 05:49
Gentlemen,

esp FKA, whats so terrible ( if a little optimistic perhaps ) about having a belief in human nature and its ability to change given different facts and conditions?

I do know some operations where management experience has managed to change thing for the better where others with different qualifications ( not better or worse, just different ) have failed.

Guess the incumbent felt it was worth a try! Did meet them once ( briefly ) in the CX and they didn't seem the 'desperate' sort.