PDA

View Full Version : jobs in central or south america

chrislikesblue
4th Jun 2004, 11:39
Gmorning everyone.Before submitting my question let me say that i have done a lot of search in previous topics and my understanding is that the local authorities in most countries in south or central america make it difficult for foreigners to convert their licenses or get work permit.So,i d like to ask if there is any countries in central or south america compared to the rest that i would stand a better chance to get work permit and convert JAA or FAA license.
Thank you for your recommendations.

Panama Jack
4th Jun 2004, 17:09
For almost all countries, not work permit-- Citizenship. Get married to a nice local girl, get your permanent residency and be resident for a few years and then apply for your citizenship (you may have to renounce your other citizenship though in the process). Be prepared to work in a field outside of aviation for the 3 to 5 years until you can get your citizenship. In Nicaragua, FO's start at about $250 USD per month and Captains top out at around $1400 USD per month.

Since you've researched, you've probably come across the name of a country named "Belize." They won't let you convert your license until you have a job offer. So, apply with your FAA or JAR license and hope that Tropic Air or Maya Island Airways calls.

jeroom
10th Jun 2004, 03:27
Belize.....AAhhhhh Belize...Caye Caulker....Belikin....
I like this place man!!! I'd like to fly those tropic air caravans for a while i f I could...

varigflier
10th Jun 2004, 15:59
Are they hiring now???:confused:

Squawk7777
13th Jun 2004, 05:13
PJ, let's not forget the hot thread we had a few months ago about Mexico. There you need to be born in order to hold a commercial pilots license or ATPL. Nothing really that money cannot fix. ;)