PDA

View Full Version : Viscounts in Kinshasa

Treetopflyer
4th Jun 2004, 10:48
An easy question for all of you guys in Kinshasa

There is a small outfit called Global Airways which operates a Viscount (V806, 3D-JAP) out of Ndjili. They received second Viscount (V802, 3D-PFI) last Friday. Anybody knows what these guys are doing? They were planning do open scheduled flights in February, have they done it by now? Do they fly lots or little? Are their pilots locals or expats? Are they actually paid :rolleyes: ???

Any info would be useful...

canileb
4th Jun 2004, 17:26
I think PFI belongs to Transtel out of Lome, Togo. They usually supply their own crew but check just in case...

flyboy2
5th Jun 2004, 07:00
2 Viscounts you enquired about are indeed parked near maintenance hangars at FZAA.

Have not observed flights , so cannot comment at all
Situation in DRC extremely unstable now.

Good luck

Treetopflyer
5th Jun 2004, 18:06
Canileb

You are perfectly right, PFI does belong to Transtel. However this time it seems that the airplane is going to be either dry leased or simply sold to the Global guys in Kin. I met them about three months ago, and I am not quite sure whether they are serious people or not... If their airplanes are finally flying, at least it would mean something...

Flyboy 2

Thanx mate, I also read your thread related to the recent events in Kin.:( Tell me if you come across more info regarding these guys!