PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Ditches

penash
4th Jun 2004, 06:11
This news is very sketchy at the moment.But it is believed a light aircraft has crashed near Proserpine in north Queensland.Its beleived the plane is in a water channel..there was talk of 4 passengers aboard...more as it comes to hand:uhoh:

airsupport
4th Jun 2004, 06:15
Four injured in plane crash

Friday, 4 June 2004

Four people injured in a light plane crash in Queensland's Whitsundays are being transferred to hospital.

Details are still sketchy but it is believed all four people on board the Cessna were injured, two seriously.

The plane crashed near the Laguna Quays resort, about 100 kilometres north of Mackay just after 1:00pm AEST.

It is believed two of the injured are being flown to Prosperine Hospital, while the other two are being taken by road.

It is not yet known what caused the plane to crash.

Four men critical after plane crash

04jun04

FOUR men are in a serious condition in hospital after a light plane crash in north Queensland today.

A Queensland Ambulance spokesman said the incident occurred near Proserpine, north of Mackay, around 1pm (AEST) today when a Cessna crashed near the marina of the Laguna Quays Resort.

Ambulance officers said the four occupants were suffering from head and chest injuries and fractures.

Police said the men were rushed by road ambulance and helicopter to the Proserpine Hospital.

The cause the crash and the plane\'s takeoff and destination points were not known.

imabell
5th Jun 2004, 00:15
three from caboolture,

local pilot, his 206. he is a property developer building an air park adjacent to laguna keys. first rumour???

bennyfj
5th Jun 2004, 02:07
My dad (Greg Henzell) was in the plane crash at proserpine. I thought I should let everyone know what is going on.

Dad and the older passenger (i think allan) were the worst injuered, allan was immediately airlifted to townsville and is in critical but stable condition. Dad was taken to proserpine before moved to townsville. yesterday afternoon.

Dad is seriously injured with a punctured lung, broken ribs, facial injurines, broken knee, foot and lacerations. He is going to be ok, i have spoken to him and he is in high spirits considering his condition. He was in the front.

Gary poole was the pilot, with 20 years experience. it was his plane. Taking off from his property they experienced engine problems after take off, he turned and intended to land on the beach but didn't make it so made a landing in a paddock near the resort. They hit a ditch which turned the plane over. Reports from the emegency crew are that his efforts are highly praised to land the way he did, including turning off the fuel to avoid fire. Gary was taken to mackay hospital with hand and chest injuries. So gary if you ever read this thanks for your efforts.

Ron was also taken to mackay with a broken hip and other fractures.

some photos of crash http://www.abc.net.au/tropic/stories/s1125017.htm

Hi herb

Ben Henzell