PDA

View Full Version : update on lion air anybody

Ian534
4th Jun 2004, 00:43
hey all,

is there any update on the hiring process of lion air in indonesia.
are they still looking for md-80 drivers ?

speedtwoten
4th Jun 2004, 15:52
yes they do, need F/O on type:ok:

Hajj Man
5th Jun 2004, 07:08
They are so short of pilots it is not even funny.!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackCat01
6th Jun 2004, 02:10
Hajj Man,

Do you know if they have cadet pilot program and their contact person? Any info will be appreciated.

Blackcat01

wv4175
6th Jun 2004, 07:14
Anyone out there has the actual address for LionAir? Do u guys know if they are willing to employ a low time pilot? Any additional info will be most appreciated.........

Fly safe guys,.....and gals:rolleyes:

Touch'n'oops
7th Jun 2004, 09:44
Lion Air's address
Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro 77, Jakarta

Careful lads these guys are close to making their first smoking hole in the ground!!!:eek:

Snot Box
9th Jun 2004, 07:31
Straight from David's mouth is that he is still looking for crew but will need an ATP, a current MD80 Type Rating and also 500 hours on type relevant to the position. A bare type rating won't do any good.

No, there is no cadet program here but they have hire local low timers as F/Os. One of the low time F/Os is related to Surkharto so you get the picture that anything is possible in Sin City!

Foreign Worker
9th Jun 2004, 07:57
Why would anyone go to Indonesia for the pittance they are paying?
I have heard from my friends in Tokyo that Japan Airlines is looking for foreigners who are MD rated to be based in Osaka, and the money is in U S Dollars - about $10 thousand per month + + for Captains, I understand.
The MD's are the ones that JAS currently operates, but the Japanese pilots are going to move up onto other types, and they will bring foreigners in to replace them. The aeroplanes are going to be taken over by JAL Express, who also operate old series 737's with some foreigners.
Sorry, I don't have a contact number/email address, however a web search might bring some joy.

Interconti
11th Jun 2004, 00:08
Better do not consider Lion Air! Especially when you come from a 1st world carrier. Lion Air hires only expat copilots and upgrades them if they like their "attitude" (means exceeding all known limits in aviation without grumbling). To summarize; Lion Air management is a bunch of crooks and saftey standards in all
aspects are lower than you could ever imagine.....

Touch`n`oops is right "the first smoking hole in the ground" of Lion Air is imminent.

By the way the basic pay is 1650.- US/ month for an expat F/O!

:\ :\ :\

Foreign Worker
11th Jun 2004, 04:41
Further information from my friend tells me the name of the company is JAL Express, and they also need F/O`s for Osaka basings, on commuting contracts.

Kaptin M
12th Jun 2004, 13:51
Not sure if your info is totally correct, Foreign Worker - certainly JEX is recruiting foreign Caotains for somewhere around the figure you've mentioned, although I believe they are finding it hard to locate, and attract MD-rated drivers, as there aren't that many around the world (especially ones who want to live and work in Asia.).

I also understand that thay are recruiting ab-initio F/O's, however I think that they are Japanese nationals (lucky b's!!), of which the first group are reportedly now on course.

If anyone does score a job with this lot..................be careful!

bafanguy
13th Jun 2004, 00:47
When you refer to "MD rated...", you mean MD-11 I take it ?? This thread began talking about Lion Air which is an MD80 operator. Just wanted to be sure I understood. Thanks.

Kaptin M
13th Jun 2004, 01:18
JEX (now called Japan Air Lines Express - a solely domestic Japan operator) is looking for MD80/90 rated Captains.

I understood that they were taking only Japanese F/O's - however I stand to be corrected,if FW has other info.
The F/O's for the MD. like those employed on the B737, are non-rated, most having only a basic commercial licence and with zero other experience.

PK-KAR
14th Jun 2004, 20:37
Oh yes... another thread on Lion... :yuk:

If you want to live fast, enjoy the F/As on layovers, and die young, then this is the airline for you!

Ex Lion foreign pilots have complained, ground crew have started a tally on how many times which plane has dropped it's rear stairs on landing/taxying, other airlines have started counting how many times Lion cut infront of traffic (yes, some of them ARE that mad!), and how many times have they gone below minima in order to land or loose their job, how many have debated with the CEO about the merits of his RTB...

Man I've lost count!

'By the way the basic pay is 1650.- US/ month for an expat F/O!"

Well, that's now lower than the local F/O's total take home pay!

Try the other locals... Well, unfortunately, the other MD80 operator ain't too good... Bouraq is hanging one step away from bankruptcy every odd month. Star Air is rumoured to be getting rid off their MD83s as soon as they can. Airfast is the only safe bet... if you can get in.

"the first smoking hole in the ground" ?????
Glad someone said it before me!

PK-KAR

bafanguy
15th Jun 2004, 01:17
PK-KAR,

Thanks for the information...that's all I needed to hear !!

PK-KAR
4th Jul 2004, 12:40
"the first smoking hole in the ground" ?????

Well, they escaped last night! One of their MDs overran at Palembang Airport (WIPP/PLM)...

Landed 29, wet runway, slipped, overran by 175m. Unconfirmed reports saying that they slew off the runway too.

More unconfirmed reports within the last 24hrs is that another Lion MD82 overran at another place and was still stuck... Still finding if this 2nd one is different.

The last time they slewed off the runway was in Ujung Pandang last year. Slew off the runway and stopped just after the parrallel taxiway by luck. Landing gear needed replacement. Instead of pulling the aircraft to the maintenance area, and to cover it up, they flew in another MD82, parked it next to the broken one in the taxiway, and asked for the airport not to send anyone there, this blocked the view of the hashed maintenance from the passengers of other aircraft. They then flew the aircraft back to Jakarta on a revenue flight where it was hidden for proper maintenance.

Maybe last night was too wet to create a smoking hole!

PK-KAR

Interconti
8th Jul 2004, 18:08
PK-KAR this time it was too wet for a smoking hole, next time it probably won't be too wet..... it's gonna happen.

We just have to keep in mind that already last year at least 2 Lion Air MD82's slid of the rwy!!

Is Lumbun still in charge of this Mickey Mouse operation? I came across a few useless Operation Managers, Lumbun topped them all!

A true M.O.R.O.N. indeed......

Good luck to all Lion Air pax and crew

PK-KAR
22nd Jul 2004, 17:55
Well, this year is 2 slips already, plus they flew JOG-SUB already with a stuck landing gear.

They almost made a smoking hole in the ground with their 734 last week. JT011 CGK-DPS...

near SUB, all EFIS died, pilot didn't realize the F/D inactive and became disoriented, and the plane tried to reconstruct Alaska Air at Pt. Mugu. but managed to land at SUB. Passengers rebelled at the airline and decided they will not fly on that aircraft until a replacement was flown in.

Maybe this was Lion's sinister campaign of "fly mD80s" to put down other airline's 737 operations? J/K... PK-LIF = 734... I wonder where PK-LIE is... that suits this airline VERY well...

Lumbun is still there...

Anyone want to fly 734s left seat for US$15,000 a month? Apply to Lion...

Conditions:
90hr standard, 115 hrs months "normal"
Tankering to be taken out of your salary
Medical insurance not included
RTBs and divert costs out of your salary

Bwahahahaha....

PK-KAR

Kaptin M
30th Jul 2004, 05:59
"Anyone want to fly 734s left seat for US$15,000 a month?" :eek:

I`ll take one at that price, thanks!