PDA

View Full Version : StaffCV

craic1510
3rd Jun 2004, 17:43
Hi guys and gals

well just thought I would bring up the topic of staffcv again. i have been registered for well over a year. I have applied to all the aussie airlines, as i am currently working as crew in the uk and would love to come home!

There have been around 1500+ searches since i have joined and in all that time my resume has come up 86 times and been manually opened 2 times. How am I meant to get a job which any of the top aussie airlines when my resume is never found?

has anyone else had this same problem?

craic1510 :confused:

SydGirl
3rd Jun 2004, 22:53
craic,

That is a tough question. It is quite possible that the 1500 searches you are seeing are being done by airlines to which you have not applied. Your CV has been reviewed twice manually, so you know that at least one airline has shown interest in your CV.

Also, because you live overseas you will probably need a bit of advance notice for interviews - often airlines interview people at the last minute, they call you today and expect you to be there in 2 days, so this limits that opportunity for you.

Do you have an aussie contact address, ph number and email address you can use instead of using one in the UK? You may find yourself having more success by trying that method.

Good Luck!
SG
:}

GalleyHag
3rd Jun 2004, 23:42
You also need to ensure all documentation is current, first aid, passport, RSA (well thats a one off thing) etc. Otherwise staffcv will return you in a search but if the information is not current they have to manually look at your file which takes time especially with an airline like QF, so they dont bother.

littlemissmel
4th Jun 2004, 01:55
hey craic check ur pms!

overhere
4th Jun 2004, 02:00
craic,

sydgirl has the best advise, change your address to an Australian one and even better one for the city in which the airline you're applying for has bases (ie DJ=BNE/MEL, Eastern=SYD/MEL, Sunsuate=BNE/CNS etc etc).

RaverFlaver
4th Jun 2004, 04:34
Hey all,

I'm not too sure that it does matter, as I was living in Tokyo and was asked to attend an assessment day in Melbourne with Virgin Blue (which I declined). Reason being their process was streched out over more than one day and they couldn't advise me of when second round and finals would be......so I decided against it.

Australian Airlines also asked me for an interview while I was living in Japan and I accepted, but yes the did say can you fly home this coming weekend! (however AO are not registered on Staff CV)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Raver :)

craic1510
7th Jun 2004, 14:38
well my addresses are all australian addresses, as i have a permanent address in perth. my certificates are also up to date, and i have applied to every airline there is...guess i just have to keep on updating them?

craic1510

eeena
20th Jun 2004, 09:08
Hi Craic,

Just wanna say that sometimes its just tough luck, sometime they just don't pick you. I have applied too and 356 searches were done but still the same no answer.

Guess some of us can just kept on waiting, what els??

but only one thing i felt a bit sad about is that, all major airlines at least have a recruittment officer to talk to you or reply your e-mails (at least say they've got your application or processing it) or like emirates at least they say wait 6 weeks if no answer then you didn't get throught, that make things much more easier and get ppl the chance to move on, instead of hanging in the air. but qantas does nothing other than an automatic e-mail.