PDA

View Full Version : My Travel - delayed again

BFS/BHD
3rd Jun 2004, 13:50
Does anyone know why this mytravel flight is delayed for so long.

The flight is LCA-BFS, Flight No MYT904. It was suppose to come in at 0120 this morning. According to www.belfastairport.com it is not expected until 2200.

Another bad delay for mytravel.

crewboi83
3rd Jun 2004, 13:57
I'm sure as with every airline there is a reasonale explanation for it

dada
3rd Jun 2004, 15:02
BFS/BHD

why does one big delayed flight make it 'another bad day for my travel'?

have a trawl through who else has got big delays and post please similar headlines - you'll be busy.

better still, stop being silly with pathetic anti myt jibes.

U/S President
3rd Jun 2004, 15:23
A321 went tech down in LCA; flight subbed to Air Scandic; customers given overnight hotac, breakfast and lunch plus money for food at the airport.

These things happen: So long as all the customers are well looked after, shouldn’t be too much to get excited about.

Pembo330
3rd Jun 2004, 15:58
Excuse me; but can't we be a little more civil on here?

The fact of the matter is "This is another bad delay for MYT". You are equally quite correct that other airlines have bad delays too, but to slate someone for stating a fact is going a bit too far.

Its getting to the stage where people are scared to say anything critical of MYT on this forum for fear of being shot down.

A bit of respect and common sense wouldn't go a miss and "Go and Boil your Head" hardly adds to an adult debate.

dada
3rd Jun 2004, 16:32
i couldn't agree more. here here

Toulouse
3rd Jun 2004, 16:55
Well said Pembo330. The ridiculous and often childish abuse and slating dished out here on Pprune now is really getting a bit too much. I generally just couldn't be bothered posting anyting anymore for fear of hom "some" are going to miniterpret it and criticise... but good to see there are still 'civil' posters out there!

codpiece face
3rd Jun 2004, 17:01
Well it made me chuckle, a very scottish saying. I also agree there must be something more interesting to discuss than "another" bad day for myt yawn.

dada
3rd Jun 2004, 17:18
i always aim to raise a chuckle.

codpiece - maybe it should have told bfs/bhd i'd give him a severe malkey instead!

oreet pal

codpiece face
3rd Jun 2004, 21:49
ha ha people need to stop being so anal, get a smile back on the coupon.

Localiser Green
4th Jun 2004, 05:20
why does one big delayed flight make it 'another bad day for my travel'?

Why do MyTravel manage to make such a habit of it?

On average the proportion of MYT/AIH flights operating over an hour late has been more than double that of the leading UK charter airlines for the last three years (http://www.flightontime.info/charter/charter.html). :oh:

Doctor Cruces
4th Jun 2004, 07:07
I was quite closely involved with MYT once upon a time, mostly when they were still Airtours. They would divert aircraft for their convenience and operate late if it was more convenient for them to do so, or so it seemed anyway. I know for a fact that if an a/c was destined for a particular UK airport and they needed it at another start point later on they would frequently divert it there in the first place and then bus the pax all over the UK. Thay had no regard whatsoever for the fare payers in order to save a couple of quid on a ferry flight. Things like that happened so often that I would never have flown anywhere with them as one could never guarantee where you would end up on return to the UK.

I heard from one couple who had paid extra to fly from Humberside only to be bussed to Manchester. To add insult to injury, they arrived back at MAN a couple of weeks later and were most miffed. With athat attitude to the people who pay their wages, perhaps their "repeat" business is negligable and hence their monetary problems.

Thats NOT MYT slagging, it's an observation by someone who actually was present at the examples quoted and not told by a friend of a friends aunt or whatever.

Don't know much about the money side of it so could be very wrong and that is just my humble opinnion. However, their contempt for the SLF was outrageous over the period I was involved.

Doc C.

FD Standby
4th Jun 2004, 10:23
Doctor Cruces,

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish!

Working not "quite closely", but "very closley, I can tell you that this is utter nonsense. Most people in aviation - even flight crew, do not know the big picture - you certainly do not.

"They would divert aircraft for their convenience". Nonsense. If they divert aircraft, then it is for a very good reason - and always in the passenger's interests.

There are hundreds of reasons that what you talk about could happen. Take your HUY example. Would these people prefered to wait at HUY, and perhaps go 7 hours late, due to 3 sector FTLs, airport slots, foreign airport closure times etc etc, or would they prefer to hop onto a bus, and get there 3 hours late?

As with all airlines, there are very good reasons for most delays, and I am sure that all do what is best to get the job done.

You seem to assume that the only reason an a/c would divert, is for money. Consider the costs of bussing pax - £5 each lunch, grand on coaches, baggage handling costs etc etc - £4k for a start. 20 Min flight on a jet??? Not this much.

I agree that mytravel's OTP has not been the best in the past - this IS being resolved (and you will see this)! However, to say that we have utter contempt for our customers is rubbish.

We get a slating all the time - sometimes fairly, most times not! What offends me is that when the only British holiday company left is in trouble, hundreds of people put the knives in, and it becomes the most read subject on this forum. When we start to turn things round (and we ARE doing), 3 people post. 3 People!
Then we get new posts, saying how crap we were a few years ago!!!! Good hey?

FD Standby

Ps. it was delayed for so long because the airline sent an engineer to fix it, with spares, and the airport he was travelling from lost the part. So we chartered a a300 to get them home! Appaling!!

BFS/BHD
4th Jun 2004, 15:18
Does anyone know what happened to the BFS-YYZ flight this afternoon.

I presume the aircraft went tech. Does anyone what aircraft type it was.

Big Tudor
4th Jun 2004, 15:48
Running late from yesterdays CWL-SFB-CWL flight after a tech snag in CWL. B767 a/c.
By the way, I notice FCA are sitting with a 20 hour delay on a RHO-EMA. Don't see much activity on that thread though! :hmm:

mytdc10
5th Jun 2004, 10:46
Theres a 19 hours delayed Brittania from CUN to LGW today. I dont see much on that either!!!

speedbird_heavy
5th Jun 2004, 11:13
Running late from yesterdays CWL-SFB-CWL flight after a tech snag in CWL. B767 a/c

No supprises there. Why dont MYT get rid of their 763's. They are always going tech.

myflybhx
9th Jun 2004, 20:04
So MYT have a delay, like others have said so does everyone else! I work for MYT and we all work VERY hard to get our a/c out on time, and we do care about our pax! I have to say that it gets really boring looking on this site to see more people wanting to run us down. We at MYT are all working hard to turn things around, and then you read yet another post about "why is the BFS - YYZ delayed".
So I would just like to say "Thanks" for all the support of our fellow aviation works out there!

365/24/7
9th Jun 2004, 20:15
We at MYT are all working hard to turn things around, and then you read yet another post about "why is the BFS - YYZ delayed".

Have to agree, I 2 am so bored of hearing MYT this MYT that, at the end of the day flights get delayed, why does someone feel the need to post a question about the delay on a site like this every time! Very boring!

bacardi walla
9th Jun 2004, 20:24
Anyone tell me why my flight from Gatwick to Toronto on 21st June has been moved to 20th June ? I've been told I can travel on 21st but on a B757 or go a day earlier on the A330. I've paid for extra leg room etc on the A330 and now it seems I have to go a day earlier. Why ?

Not keen on the 757 option :rolleyes:

U/S President
9th Jun 2004, 23:33
speedbird_heavy: No supprises (sic) there. Why dont (sic) MYT get rid of their 763's (sic). They are always going tech.
On the basis of this excellent analysis presented by you, demonstrating that our three B763s are always tech, I have written to the lessors requesting that we be allow to cancel the leases without penalty due to their shoddy performance. If there are any further aircraft types on your definite blacklist that we should know about, please let us know.

AUTOGLIDE
10th Jun 2004, 06:41
This topic is childish, mostly ill-informed, and doesn't deserve to be on a serious aviation forum. Before anyone asks, no i don't and never have worked for AIH/MYT.

speedbird_heavy
10th Jun 2004, 09:22
On the basis of this excellent analysis presented by you, demonstrating that our three B763s are always tech, I have written to the lessors requesting that we be allow to cancel the leases without penalty due to their shoddy performance. If there are any further aircraft types on your definite blacklist that we should know about, please let us know.

Look at the delay stats...............What percentage of flights that use a 767 were delayed due to technical reasons??? The CWL-SFB-CWL flight has been tech more times than it has had ontime or early departures this summer.

dada
10th Jun 2004, 14:02
speedbird heavy - may i suggest the same to you as i did initially tp bfs/bhd ?

Big Tudor
10th Jun 2004, 14:12
Well speedy heavy, it has only operated 5 times so far this summer, hardly the basis for an in-depth delay analysis.
CWL-SFB delayed departure 3 times.
SFB-CWL delayed departure twice.

As for last summer, average departure delay from CWL was 22 minutes. Hardly the end of the civilised world as we know it.

Kestrel_909
11th Jun 2004, 15:18
So gone from go around threads to delays now too;)

First off, I don't work for MyT :p Though I have flown with them many times including lastyear and this year and no problems. What's a few extra minutes in the sun before returning home or a few before leaving for the sun, just means all the more time to look out the windows and get a few more drinks in you:)
I've never had any major delays with them, just the few minutes at the most.
Look carefully at their timings into and out of BFS and they are very rarely late, I've regularly seen the Canarias flights in half hour early, and any major delays have all had an explaniation. The YYZ and SFB might not always leave on time, by they are always back in the next day on time or more regularly, early.

As said, every airline has delays, some more than others but why does Myt get a kicking for it? I know crew who work for them and do their job just aswell as any other airlines I've been on.
Perhaps it'd be better if they just pulled out of BFS and CWL altogether just because they have delays, which leaves us with no SFB flights out of BFS, plus no charters during the winter!
Leave the MYT digs out:rolleyes: