PDA

View Full Version : How old are you?

andyman_82
3rd Jun 2004, 11:10
Hi Guys and Girls!

Just wondering if there are many flight attendants who are around my age (21)

I have been told its extremely hard to get into QF if you are 21 is this true?

Post your comments below if you have any

Thanks

Smile !:O

flybywire
3rd Jun 2004, 11:28
Hi! I am 24 but started when I just turned 22 with Air Europe Italy (on those huuuuuge 777!)
If QF age limit is 21 (is it?) I don't see why you should have any problem!!
Good luck!!

FBW:)

QANTASTIC
3rd Jun 2004, 12:42
Hi anyman_82 .. I have a friend whos on the short list at the moment and he is 23 years old.. I guess if you have what they are looking for and you show them that at the assesmant centres you shouldn have a problem! Good luck..are you going for the mam casuel positions??

andyman_82
3rd Jun 2004, 14:27
yeh got my interview next weekend in melbourne..first ever qf interview for me so not sure what to expect!! you got any info for me id love to know how the day goes!

andy
xx

Eddy
4th Jun 2004, 13:38
I'm 21 and flying on BA 777-200s and 747-400s.

Shouldn't think your age will work against you.

apaddyinuk
14th Jun 2004, 04:06
Hi Andyman.....

Not sure about down under but in Europe age doesnt seem to be too much of a deal, my first airline (the big green one) i joined at the age of 18 without even my school results, they followed two months after id started working, then went to fly with an airline in the middle east at 21 and then joined BA just before i turned 23...which was only a few months ago so hopefully theyre not as agest in Oz!!!! Mind you...Do QF have a mandatory retirement age which seems a bit unfair????

bombshell
14th Jun 2004, 04:50
First of all I'm not cabin crew, but from what I've seen of the younger set, they tend to be slightly more mature when compaired to those of the same age elsewhere. I don't mean to sound pompous here, just an observation.
There is no compulsory retirement age for cabin crew in Qantas.