PDA

View Full Version : ZB012 Sunday 6th June

Evanelpus
3rd Jun 2004, 09:05
Just in case any Monarch CC read this, me and Mrs Elpus are of to Malaga this weekend, we are in seats 5E/F, feel free to say hello.

IB4138
3rd Jun 2004, 14:55
The Guarda Civil are now advised of your impending arrival, Mr & Mrs Elpus.
They deal with illegals quite differently here than in the UK.:E

Evanelpus
4th Jun 2004, 07:40
Oh heck, please be gentle with us!

Evanelpus
23rd Jun 2004, 15:46
That's another holiday over.

Excellent flight and service out in the brand new A321. Sadly, we were delayed considerably coming back on the ZB019 on 19th. However, we were given an 8Euro voucher (big deal) to get something to eat and drink and the captain explained the problem once aboard.

I do think that Monarch need to 'take to task' their agents at Malaga, who didn't tell us a thing about why we were being delayed. No apologies either, just the voucher slid along the top of the counter, pretty poor customer service.

Just a quck question. We waited for the tax free trolley to come round and were told that cigarettes and booze were not sold on this route. Can anyone from Monarch comment on this??

longarm
23rd Jun 2004, 15:55
As Malaga is in the EU Monarch are not allowed to sell Duty free goods on this flight. Currently the only Monarch Schedule routes where duty free goods are available is Gibraltar & Tenerife. Hope this helps.

Evanelpus
23rd Jun 2004, 15:57
Hi Longarm

Makes sense, the way it was said though tended to make me think that it was only on the Malaga route but hey, I was feeling well jaded by the time we boarded.

sofa
23rd Jun 2004, 16:16
Evanelpus, glad you enjoyed the flight, hope you made the most of it, service on board changing drastically on 01july

Evanelpus
24th Jun 2004, 07:47
Sofa

So I here. Can't complain about the onboard service, the food on both legs was more than acceptable. The 321 seemed very roomy whereas the 757 on the way back felt a little cramped.

All in all, I would give Monarch 9/10.

despatch
24th Jun 2004, 12:55
hi evanelplus
I think i was on your flight as cabin crew on the 19th.Where you delayed due to the radar system problems at Malaga.I was last minute changed from Alicante to Malaga.I was the male steward at the back cooking your meals:p Hope it was cooked to prefection.

Evanelpus
24th Jun 2004, 13:01
Hi despatch

I was on the 019 scheduled to leave at 20.35 but finally got away at 01.40. The reasons we were given was due to a tech aircraft, they borrowed MONK from LGW which had to operate an Alicante before it got to us.

We had chicken in a red 'oniony' sauce which I thought was bang on.